Go Ask Alice

by Unknown | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by buocl of Medina, Ohio USA on 10/20/2006
Journal Entry 1 by buocl from Medina, Ohio USA on Friday, October 20, 2006
The quintessential "don't do drugs" book for teens. Bought at the library for the Banned Books Release.

Journal Entry 2 by buocl at Post Office in By Mail, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, December 10, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (12/9/2006 UTC) at Post Office in By Mail, A Book Relay -- Controlled Releases

Sent to acountkel for bookrelay. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by acountkel from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Monday, December 11, 2006
Arrived Safe and Sound Today

Journal Entry 4 by acountkel from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Thursday, September 27, 2007
I remember hearing about this book many years ago and now finally got around to reading it. Interesting read. It is the diary of a young girl who grew up in the 60’s and gets mixed up with drugs. It is pretty sad because you can tell by reading her diary, that she really loved her family. They were a strong family. The parents were together. The girl seems to be like an average teenager. So, you try and figure out what could have possibly gone wrong with this young teenage life? My thought is, part of the reason this happened was, she was a victim of the era. The 60’s were very turbulent. Between the war, the assignations of King and the Kennedys. The “hippy” style that was popular then. And drugs were a huge part of this time. It seems drugs were very popular and easy to get. It also seemed like this girl had a very low self esteem and she didn’t feel like she had anyone to talk to about her fears and the drug use. She seemed very manipulated by her friends and the drug scene at school. This book teaches kids and parents several lessons. When the drug use began with this teenager, it was during the summer when she was staying with her grandparents. She had too much freedom to come and go as she pleased and should have been on a tighter rein. Parents should know where their teenager is and who they are with at all times. Open communication is key. Not only between the teenager and parents but with teachers and counselors at school as well. The drug scene in schools have not gone away. It may look different than the 60’s but it’s definitely still there. I would recommend this book to all teenagers and parents. It may help someone make a decision to “say no”.

Journal Entry 5 by acountkel from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Monday, October 15, 2007
Sending to Indianapolis for Readers United

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, October 19, 2007
I just recieved this book from acountkel and I can't wait to read it! Thanks again!

CAUGHT IN INDIANAPOLIS INDIANA U.S.A

Journal Entry 7 by mopargrl440 from Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Friday, October 19, 2007

sorry about that last post...I FORGOT TO LOGIN! :D