The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Antof9 of Lakewood, Colorado USA on 10/19/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Antof9 from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Thursday, October 19, 2006
I found some really good titles in pretty good shape the other night at Goodwill. I couldn't pass this one up!

Journal Entry 2 by Antof9 from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Thursday, November 02, 2006
I'm so excited! My husband and I are going to Germany as volunteers at a conference, and on my free day, I get to meet two of my all-time favorite Dutch BookCrossers!

In the process, I checked the wish lists of some of my other Dutch BookCrossing favorites, and found this one on owlet's, so I'll probably be reading it on the plane so I can pass it on :) (that's always a good way to determine what books I'll read on a trip)

Pictured: a windmill/molle from near the town in Friesland, The Netherlands where my father grew up. I actually took that picture a million years ago on a disc camera!

Journal Entry 3 by Antof9 from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Thursday, November 02, 2006
And because I've heard of BookCrossers losing books on planes/trips, I'll add this here:

If you are new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site; welcome! Enjoy the site, the book and hopefully the BookCrossing community. I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using any previous reader of this book, or me, Antof9, as the member who referred you. If you are an old hand at BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book! Either way, I hope you'll journal so all the previous and future readers can track this book's journey. Thanks, and Happy Crossing!

Edit April 17, 2010: I did finally read this book, and my journal entry on it is here!

Journal Entry 4 by wingMoemwing from Zevenaar, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, November 07, 2006
The book is now here with Stoneshop and me, and it will be travelling to owlet shortly. I've decided to send it to her, otherwise it might take very long to reach her.

I'm now going to journal all the other wonderful books Antof9 brought all the way from the states, but first let me say I really enjoyed our afternoon out!

Journal Entry 5 by owlet from Maastricht, Limburg Netherlands on Monday, November 13, 2006
The book has arrived safely in Maastricht! Thank you, Antof9, for thinking of me and thank you, Moem, for sending it to me! I learned about this series here on bookcrossing and having lived in Africa (Uganda and Tanzania) when I was very very young, I'm oft attracted to books about that continent, especially about Southern Africa. Looks like a nice and fun read!

p.s. did you manage to read it, Antof? If yes, what did you think about it?

Journal Entry 6 by owlet from Maastricht, Limburg Netherlands on Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Whoops, I finally read this during the summer, but forgot to post something about it! I LOVED the book and so did my dad! So, I bought the first 5 books for him and my mother to read, so who says bookcrossing reduces book sales ;-)

Really, I loved the style, I could actually _hear_ Precious talking. The characters are very likable and the stories easy to follow. It's the first book of the series, so it's more or less an introduction of the main characters and their history; mainly the protagonist, Mma Ramotswe, who starts the first ladies agency in Botswana, hires a secretary and takes up her first cases.

Thank you again, antof9, three years later :-)

During the BC convention 2010 in Amsterdam.

Journal Entry 8 by wingboekenxnlwing from Son en Breugel (incl. Son, Breugel), Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, April 18, 2010
Took this book home from the Convention. Look forward to read this book in the near future.

Thanks for coming to the Convention and I hope you enjoyed it!! Believe me I did.

Journal Entry 9 by wingboekenxnlwing at City Centre, not sure where in Praha, Praha Czech Republic on Monday, November 29, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (11/30/2010 UTC) at City Centre, not sure where in Praha, Praha Czech Republic

I left this book somewhere in Prague over the weekend.
We had a lovely time and we will come back in the near future.