But Inside I'm Screaming

by Elizabeth Flock | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by zizzr of Flint, Texas USA on 10/16/2006
Journal Entry 1 by zizzr from Flint, Texas USA on Monday, October 16, 2006
From the back cover:

But Inside I'm Screaming is one woman's unforgettable story about what it is to lose control as the world watches, to figure out what went so very wrong, and to accept an imperfect life in a world that demands perfection.

I picked this book up on a whim, never hearing about it, or the author. It was a combination of the title and the cover of the book that prompted my purchase.

I read it in a weekend, a fast moving insight into the fragile state of mind of a TV journalist. It reminded me that mental stability is not stable at all. Each of us find a balance that hopefully works. When it doesn't we are subjected to illness that is still a social stigma despite years of advances in treatment. How close to the edge are we at stressful times in our lives?

Very interesting book....would now like to read the author's other book out "Me & Emma".

;-)

Released 12 yrs ago (10/16/2006 UTC) at Mailed to another Bookcrossing member in N/A, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

As part of my favorite challenge 'An Ongoing WishList Challenge' I have found a person who has this on their wish list, and it will be mailed today!!
ENJOY!

;-)

Journal Entry 3 by pinklady60 from San Diego, California USA on Monday, October 23, 2006
I first read about this book on the Dear Reader website and it looked very intriguing so added it to my wishlist. Thanks to zizzr for noticing it there and offering it to me.

Journal Entry 4 by pinklady60 from San Diego, California USA on Thursday, January 25, 2007
Chronicles the inner struggle of a young reporter when she has a nervous breakdown and checks into a mental health clinic. A light, easy read considering the subject matter. I’ll be looking for more books by this author.

Released 11 yrs ago (4/25/2007 UTC) at media mail in By mail, Traded with another Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sent to PaigeTurner124 as part of a trade.

Journal Entry 6 by PaigeTurner124 from Cibolo, Texas USA on Monday, May 07, 2007
Got this book in a trade with PinkLady60. I look forward to reading it. Thanks for the trade!