Get Everything Done and Still Have Time to Play

by Mark Forster | Health, Mind & Body |
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 9/28/2006
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, September 28, 2006
I liked 'Do it Tomorrow' so much that I bought Forster's earlier book...it looks to cover very similar practical time management issues. I may pass on as a 'ring when i've finished it.

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 06, 2006
(6/12) This is written in the same straightforward and logical style as his later book Do it Tomorrow which Pakasanelly introduced me to. Forster is a time management, or rather a ‘life management’ guru who offers real practical tools & techniques for being more effective, overcoming resistance, and countering the twin ills of my life; procrastination and impulsiveness. Both conspire to stop the things that need to be done happening and the growth in unplanned lower-resistance ‘busy work’ adding to backlogs, overall ineffectiveness and stress etc. etc.

As with DiT I have picked up some useful tricks immediately, specifically; recognising resistance to doing something and trying to understanding why, and; halving (what’s this…you’ll just have to read the book!)
Some the other ideas are a little bit more challenging – to my mind – such as rotating work in variable timed blocks, bursts of activity, ‘depth activities’ etc. These may take me some more thought before (if?) I can implement them.

One small criticism, MF does come across as a slightly dull obsessive workaholic, not sure if I would aspire to quite his level of self-control!

I’m thinking of offering this up as a possible bookring to further evangelise Mark Forster and his ideas.

Journal Entry 3 by BookGroupMan at Caffe Nero IP1 book-crossing zone in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, December 09, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (12/9/2006 UTC) at Caffe Nero IP1 book-crossing zone in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

I took this along to today's Ipswich meet-up. Because of the huge number of donations (and peeps being so self-disciplined) we have expanded onto another shelf!