Otherworld: A Stoner McTavish Mystery (Stoner Mctavish Mysteries)

by Sarah Dreher | Gay & Lesbian |
Registered by wyldewomin of East Bridgewater, Massachusetts USA on 9/23/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wyldewomin from East Bridgewater, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, September 23, 2006
Spare copy. Putting in my LGBT Bookbox

Journal Entry 2 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Tuesday, October 24, 2006
I'm taking this out of the LGBT Bookbox to read, because I think it looks very interesting. I look forward to reading it. Thanks wyldewomin!

Journal Entry 3 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Monday, May 12, 2008
Wasn't too sure what to expect from this since I haven't read any of the other books in this series and I'm not a fan of coming in at the middle of things. I could understand it as a standalone just fine, but probably would have gotten a LOT more out of it if I'd known more about their backgrounds and previous meetings with certain villains.

I found the book to be both fantastic and terribly weird. I don't mind supernatural/new agey stuff seeping into a real world story line, but parts of this book were a little much even for me. The basic plot is that, while taking a trip to Walt Disney World, Stoner's business partner mysteriously goes missing. It turns out she was kidnapped (I won't say who, but I bet it's pretty obvious if you're familiar with the series). At the same time, Stoner keeps receiving strange phone calls from a girl who's lost at WDW as well. As they search for the missing women, more clues and more danger jumps out at them. And then it definitely takes a supernatural turn for the worse involving spirit planes and Disney rides come to life as death hangs in the balance.

Stoner McTavish and her gang are great characters. They're interesting, three-dimensional, and believable. Stoner and her girlfriend are a great couple- I had no trouble in feeling their love or understanding what each sees in the other.

It was a nice read, but I bet I would have loved it more if I had read previous books... or if I'd ever visited Epcot Center (I've been to WDW but not to most of the places mentioned here). It was very strange at times, but in general it was still very enjoyable. And it was great to see strong women, conflicting emotions, true love, strong friendships, and all that good stuff that went along with the mystery.

Will set this aside for an LGBT bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, July 06, 2008
Adding to my LGBT Bookbox. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Monday, September 29, 2008
Came back to me in the LGBT Bookbox. Sorry none of the participants wanted it. I shall try to find it another home elsewhere!

Journal Entry 6 by wingKateKintailwing at Fairfax Station, Virginia USA on Thursday, July 30, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (7/31/2009 UTC) at Fairfax Station, Virginia USA

I'm adding this to Scoobs-buddy GLBT July '09 bookbox. I hope whoever ends up with this book enjoys it as much as I did!

Journal Entry 7 by Oldbroad from Grapeview, Washington USA on Saturday, August 22, 2009
Taken from Scoobs-buddy's GLBT bookbox.

Journal Entry 8 by Oldbroad at OBCZ at Reed Library in Shelton, Washington USA on Sunday, May 02, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (4/27/2010 UTC) at OBCZ at Reed Library in Shelton, Washington USA

Released at my local OBCZ for other readers to enjoy.