Lemon Meringue Pie Murder

by Joanne Fluke | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 1/10/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Picked this up at BookCloseouts.com. This is the 4th book in the Hannah Swensen series.

From the cover -
The residents of Lake Eden, Minnesota, are planning to paint the town red, white, and blue to celebrate the Fourth of July - but the fireworks are already going off at Hannah Swensen's bake shop, The Cookie Jar...

Hannah Swensen thought she'd finally discovered the recipe for a perfect life. But her sometime beau Norman Rhodes tosses a surprise ingredient into the mix when he phones to tell her he's just bought a house from local drugstore clerk Rhonda Scharf - which he plans to tear down in order to build the dream home he and Hannah designed. It seems the plan has been cooking for quite some time, and Hannah's shocked. Especially since her ring finger is still very much bare...
The good news is that the soon-to-be-torn-down house is full of antiques - and Norman has given Hannah and her mother first dibs. They uncover some gorgeous old furniture, a patchwork quilt... and Rhonda Scharf's dead body. A little more sleuthing turns up the half-eaten remains of a very special dinner for two - and one of The Cookie Jar's famous lemon meringue pies. Now it's up to Hannah to turn up the heat - and get busy tracking down clues. Starting in her very own kitchen...

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland USA on Friday, June 29, 2012
Wow, it's been nearly 3 years since I read the previous one in this series (Blueberry Muffin Murder), and I read through my previous journals to remind myself about the earlier books. It seems this series continually surprises me at how much I enjoy it. Well-developed characters, yummy recipes, an enjoyable setting in a small-town cookie shop, intriguing mysteries (but not too difficult to sleuth out some of the clues, and maybe the culprit). I keep thinking because I'm unfamiliar with the Minnesota area and the Scandinavian background, I won't enjoy these mysteries as much (as some of the other series I read), and I'm wrong time and time again. These stories are quite enjoyable. This one I scoped out some of the clues, as well as a likely suspect, but the ending was compelling just the same.

Looking forward to the next one, Fudge Cupcake Murder (which I'm starting right away). Then I only have the very next in line, and I need one after that, then I have the next 2 to look forward to.

This one is reserved for an upcoming cozy mystery bookbox. Hope the next reader enjoys it, with its luscious lemon-yellow cover ;)

Journal Entry 3 by wingmaryzeewing at Taneytown, Maryland -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (7/29/2012 UTC) at Taneytown, Maryland -- Controlled Releases

Putting this in Affinity4books' Cozy Mystery bookbox. Hope the next reader enjoys!

Journal Entry 4 by Rhonder at St Paul, Alberta Canada on Thursday, August 16, 2012
Wow, a wishlist book found in a bookbox! Thank you so much for including it!