Death by Water

by Kerry Greenwood | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 174114552x Global Overview for this book
Registered by winglytteltonwitchwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 9/23/2006
Journal Entry 1 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, September 23, 2006
A Phryne Fisher mystery

Journal Entry 2 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, July 06, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (7/6/2009 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

This book was on my reading pile but I am unable to get it read before leaving the country and it is therefore being given to another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, July 09, 2009
Lytteltonwitch told me she was bringing round a few books... I think she meant to say a few boxes of books!

v

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, August 19, 2009
A fun story - Phryne Fisher is an engaging character, and the setting was very atmospheric. The mystery was a little unsatisfying, though - half of it I figured out pretty early on, and the rest relied on information not available to the reader, which just isn't cricket.

I was amused by the depiction of NZ, which a couple of times betrayed the author's lack of first-hand knowledge - the odd spelling mistake in Maori words was perhaps forgivable, but she also somehow had the Southern Alps visible from the Otago Harbour (maybe if you had x-ray vision...), and the cruise ship sailing to Rotorua - now that's an impressive feat!

But I can overlook those little gaffs (the author can't help being Australian, after all ;-)), so I think I'll be keeping an eye out for more in Greenwood's Phryne Fisher series.

v

Released 10 yrs ago (8/28/2009 UTC) at The Coffee Club OBCZ, High Street in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Left in the OBCZ after today's meetup.

Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

v

P.S. If you live in the Christchurch area, you might like to join us at our monthly bookcrossing meetups. For details, see the BCNZ Yahoo Group.

Journal Entry 6 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, October 18, 2009
Found on Coffee Club bookshelf.

Journal Entry 7 by Ffuzzle from Onekaka, Nelson-Tasman New Zealand on Sunday, October 18, 2009
OOps! Caught it on the wrong log in!! Am not really FutureCat!

Journal Entry 8 by Ffuzzle from Onekaka, Nelson-Tasman New Zealand on Thursday, October 22, 2009
Fast-paced and engaging - a fun read.