Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean (book 1) ARC

by Justin Somper | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by CheriePie of Campbell, California USA on 9/22/2006
Journal Entry 1 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Friday, September 22, 2006
This is an Advance Reading Copy (ARC) of the US Edition (published a year later than the UK Edition) received through BookMooch.com.

Well, if pirates are bad,
And vampires are worse,
Then I pray that as long as I be
That though I sing of Vampirates
I never one shall see.

Twins Connor and Grace never dreamed that there was any truth to the Vampirate shanty their father sang to them before he died, but that was before the two were shipwrecked and separated from each other. For Connor, who is taken aboard a pirate ship, there's the chance to learn to sword fight, but for Grace, aboard a mysterious ship of vampire pirates, the danger is great. The twins want more than anything to find each other, but their time is limited and they're an ocean apart.

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Friday, March 30, 2007

This was a swift-moving, interesting read... reminded me a bit of Darren Shan's wonderful Cirque Du Freak series. It's young adult so not a very complex or convoluted story line, but that simply made for an even quicker read considering it's 330 pages.

Though all ends on a happy note when Connor and Grace are eventually reunited, another danger has boarded the Diablo, which causes the story to end on another minor cliffhanger, and thus left me craving Tide of Terror, the next in the series.

This is now reserved for Gailcm, who pulled it from the Paranormal VBB during round 9 (Feb 07).

Released 12 yrs ago (4/16/2007 UTC) at Paranormal VBB in USPS International Surface Mail, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to Gailcm in Scotland via International Surface Mail on 16-April-2007.

Journal Entry 4 by gailcm from Dundee, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 02, 2007
This was received from bookbox when computer was down. will read asap.