The Mermaid's Purse

by BARBARA M. COOPER | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by candieb of Austin, Texas USA on 12/6/2006
Journal Entry 1 by candieb from Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, December 06, 2006
DESCRIPTION:

So the thing is... I had these kids. These unbelievable children, who came into this world with fully defined agendas, of which I was only one part. I felt so funny-- so weird-- and strangely newborn myself that I started writing this column. And then I sent it to a bunch of friends. Mostly, it was about my experiences as a relatively new mom trying to raise my kids in a world that suddenly seemed like a different planet. With a dose of brash opinions thrown in, and, okay, maybe a little whining. Sort of a cross between a journal and a soapbox.

So, then my friends sent the column out to THEIR friends and they forwarded it on, and pretty soon, a BUNCH of people wanted to get this column.

It still shocks me. I keep wanting to ask "Are you SURE?"

Because mostly I feel like my mothering career is a cross between an I Love Lucy show and America's Funniest Home Videos. There are a lot of people out there who seem to do it better or with less angst. I keep writing about it anyway. Because it seems as though parenthood is filled with universal thoughts and feelings and events and maybe by exploring some of them in print, we'll all find common ground instead of focusing on the differences between us. (Plus, it's cheaper than therapy.)

Journal Entry 2 by candieb from Austin, Texas USA on Monday, July 30, 2007
Sent out as a loaner to starbrightxx - mailed to 7/30/07

Journal Entry 3 by lostbookisland on Sunday, February 03, 2008
This book has washed ashore at the Lost Book Island after not being heard from for many months. This new arrival will be shown to a room and be allowed a bit of rest before being introduced to the many fun things to do here at the island.

All around there are books sipping cool drinks under shady palms while other books participate in a wide variety of beach sports. There is plenty of sand, surf and sun here for all of the lost and wayward books to enjoy.

It is hoped that very soon a new journal entry will come to rescue this book from the island and send it back out into the BookCrossing world so that it may continue on its journey. It is hoped that the new journal entry will tell all the interested parties where this book has been this long time and where it will be traveling to next.