The Lucky Ones

by Rachel Cusk | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by candieb of Austin, Texas USA on 2/13/2007
Journal Entry 1 by candieb from Austin, Texas USA on Tuesday, February 13, 2007
From the Publisher

The Lucky Ones is a novel about creating and sustaining life during times of great transformation. The five people whose lives converge here are also haunted by family — the longing for love, the struggle to connect.

A young pregnant mother wrestles with utterly changed circumstances; a new father searches for a sign of the man he used to be; a daughter yearns for a lost childhood; and a mother reaches out in bewilderment to a child she can't fully understand. Accidental connections and overlapping relationships build a complex family portrait: all are linked by the elemental impact of children on adult lives.

This profound evocation of family and its magnetic bonds reveals the mysterious forces that separate us from those we love and bind us to what we no longer understand.

The Lucky Ones will stop you cold with its startling precision and power. Demonstrating a rare gift for illuminating "the bustling concourses of life" without sacrificing emotional depth or complexity, this rare and stunning novel confirms Rachel Cusk's place among our most incisive writers.

Journal Entry 2 by candieb at Triumph Cafe OBCZ -3808 Spicewood Springs Rd in Austin, Texas USA on Saturday, March 19, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (3/19/2011 UTC) at Triumph Cafe OBCZ -3808 Spicewood Springs Rd in Austin, Texas USA

Will be left on the bookshelf around 11:30am