Hearts Divided: 5-B Poppy Lane\The Apple Orchard\Liberty Hall

Registered by smhamn of Cincinnati, Ohio USA on 9/18/2006
Journal Entry 1 by smhamn from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Monday, September 18, 2006
"5-B Poppy Lane by Debbie Macomber
All her life, Ruth Shelton has loved visiting her grandmother in Cedar Cove, Washington. Now Ruth comes to ask advice about her own romance with a soldier -- and discovers a secret in her grandmother's past.

The Apple Orchard by Katherine Stone
Clara MacKenzie's granddaughter Elizabeth arrives at Clara's Oregon farm needing comfort. That's exactly what Clara offers -- and so does a childhood friend named Nick Lawton. But Nick wants to offer Elizabeth more than comfort. More than friendship . . .

Liberty Hall by Lois Faye Dyer
When Professor Chloe Abbot finds herself caught up in a troublesome mystery, she turns to her grandmother. She needs Winifred's expertise as a wartime code breaker. She doesn't need suggestions about her love life -- all of which involve an ex-marine Jake Morrissey!"

Released 12 yrs ago (9/18/2006 UTC) at Controlled Release in Cincinnati, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sending to valentina1209!!

Journal Entry 3 by valentina1209 from Bethpage, New York USA on Monday, September 25, 2006
What a great anthology, with two of my favorite authors, and one who is new-to-me. Thanks, my friend.

6/4/08
5B Poppy Lane by Debbie Macomber: I'm always amazed at how Debbie Macomber can pack so much substance, with such a detailed plot and well-developed characters, into a 100 page short story! Grandmother Helen's story was quite heavy and almost overwhelmingly tragic. I like the way her story unravelled, as a supportive historical backdrop to the contemporary relationship between Paul and Ruth. Very well done!

6/5/08
Liberty Hall by Lois Faye Dyer. What a fascinating story, filled with action, mystery and danger! It contained a well-written suspenseful plot, with nicely drawn characters. I especially liked the collegate setting. Lois Faye Dyer is the only author in this collection whose works I hadn't read before, and I was quite impressed.

6/6/08
The Apple Orchard by Katherine Stone: Such a sweet story about the transforming power of love. Nick had such a heartbreaking start in life, and it was nice to see what a wonderful young man he turned out to be despite the odds. Another enjoyable story by Katherine Stone.

Usually there is one or two weak stories in an anthology, and I'm pleased that this collection contained three winners! I like how they were interconnected. The grandmothers in each story were best friends with each other, and kept in touch through newsy letters/emails that revealed or reinforced components of the plots. As well, there was a strong military theme that served as a reminder to support our troups, even when we have mixed feelings about the war itself. Freedom comes with a price.

Released 11 yrs ago (6/7/2008 UTC) at RABCK in Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Keep Them Moving Challenge release #39
RABCK release challenge #60

sending to southernfryed

Journal Entry 5 by wingSouthernfryedwing from Lexington, South Carolina USA on Saturday, June 28, 2008
This book arrived today along with several other Macomber books. I look forward to reading it. Thanks for sharing.

12/07/08
I am bumping this book to the top of Mount Toobie and reserving it for top-tappser to use in her Cedar Cove spiral.

1/04/09
5-B Poppy Lane by Debbie Macomber
I just finished reading and enjoying this story. I love Debbie Macomber books and especially her Cedar Cove series. I'm not sure of what I could add to my comments that Smhamn or Valentina1209 hasn't already said.

1/07/09
Liberty Hall by Lois Faye Dyer
I liked the characters in this story-especially Jake and Chloe. I enjoyed reading about codebreaking. Entertaining story.

1/07/09
The Apple Orchard by Katherine Stone
What a likeable couple Elizabeth and Nick are! And a likeable place that Sarah's Orchard is.

Like Valentina1209, I was impressed that the 3 stories were connected. This book will go out in tomorrow's mail to top-tappser.

Journal Entry 6 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/8/2009 UTC) at Lexington, South Carolina USA

This book will be in the morning mail to top-tappser.

Journal Entry 7 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Thursday, January 15, 2009
Rec'd in today's mail. Thank You very much!!!

Journal Entry 8 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Saturday, January 17, 2009
1-17-09
5B Poppy Lane
I loved this story, as I do most Debbie Macomber. Other than the fact that it takes place in Cedar Cove it really doesn't have much to do with that series. Charlotte Rhodes does make a cameo appearance and I remember her talking about the friend who is knitting the sweater that is mentioned in this book. Maybe Helen will show up in later Cove books. I am going to include this with book 5 of the spiral and leave it up to each person if they want to read it.

1-20-09
Liberty Hall
A wonderful story and I love how it ties in with Macomber's. Taking place in Seattle makes it fun for those of us who live here. I have not read this author before but will look for her now. And hope that she continues with these characters in future writings.

1-23-09
The Apple Orchard
Another fun tale. A great anthology with all the stories being tied through 3 best friends.

Journal Entry 9 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Offering as a bookray.
Please make a journal entry as soon as you recieve the book and also when you send it to the next person. Then we know where the book is!

When you are finished with the book please PM the next person on the list and ask for their address so you can send it on to them!

Also let us know what you thought of the book but don't give too much away!

Please try and turnover within 30 days of receiving.

Participants (Order may change if more people join)

clawdette USA (USA only)(Rec'd 4-6-09)(Mailed 7-7-09)
Rrrcaron USA (Int'l)(Rec'd 7-14-09)(Mailed 8-16-09)
easterngirl71 USA (USA only)(Rec'd 8-22-09)(Mailed 10-23-09)
skizeye9 USA (USA only)(Rec'd 10-29-09)(Mailed 12-16-09)
sunfi USA (Int'l)(Rec'd 12-21-09)(Mailed 2-11-10)
glenystasmania Austrailia (Int'l)
Joanazinha Netherlands (EU only)
penelopewanders Switzerland (EU only)
itch2stitch UK (EU only)
kbmarsh UK (UK only)(Asked to be skipped)

Journal Entry 10 by top-tappser at Bonney Lake, Postal Service -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 26, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (3/26/2009 UTC) at Bonney Lake, Postal Service -- Controlled Releases

Mailed off on the first leg of it's journey today.

Journal Entry 11 by clawdette from Houma, Louisiana USA on Monday, April 06, 2009
received last week, but with no computer at home right now couldn't journal til now

Journal Entry 12 by clawdette from Houma, Louisiana USA on Tuesday, July 07, 2009
releasing with Book 6 to next reader

Journal Entry 13 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, July 14, 2009
I received this book in the mail today. I will get to it soon!
Ruth

Journal Entry 14 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, August 16, 2009
This was a great selection of short stories that tied in nicely with the series. A nice tribute to our service men too. I'm glad I read it, which I wasn't going to do as I've started falling behind some in my reading. We are finally experiencing summer here in the North Country!! Sending on to next in line.
Ruth

Journal Entry 15 by easterngirl71 from Alton, Illinois USA on Saturday, August 22, 2009
Thanks so much for your understanding and patience with me as I have so many ring/ray books to read and send on. I am reading as fast as I possibly can. I appreciate your letting me hold on to the book longer than the others who joined for the reason of me playing catch-up with the ring/ray books piled up when I left here to take care of my dad after his heart surgery! I will read as fast as I can! Thanks for sharing:)

Journal Entry 16 by easterngirl71 from Alton, Illinois USA on Thursday, October 15, 2009
Sending to the next person in line!

Journal Entry 17 by easterngirl71 from Alton, Illinois USA on Saturday, October 24, 2009
Sent out to skizeye9 today!

Journal Entry 18 by skizeye9 from Washington, District of Columbia USA on Thursday, October 29, 2009
Got it! I have two bookring books before it but I'm almost done with the first. Will get to as fast as I can!

Journal Entry 19 by skizeye9 from Washington, District of Columbia USA on Thursday, November 19, 2009
Just an update--I finished the first bookring book before this one but haven't started the other. They are both Picoult's which are a little intense for me so I read slowly and have to take breaks. Anyhow I decided to bump this one up in between the two so that I can keep this series moving along and also to give me a mental break between the more serious books. I'm a third of the way through this one and it's skinny so hopefully I can have this one off by Monday at the latest. 6 Rainier will have to wait til I read the other Picoult though to be fair.

Journal Entry 20 by skizeye9 from Washington, District of Columbia USA on Friday, November 20, 2009
Finished! Really cute stories. Loved the emphasis on our soldiers. Loved the history. Enjoyed meeting new authors. I think my favorite was actually the third story even though I think it was the shortest. Made me cry at the end. Guess it doesn't take much--ha! Will put in the mail as soon as I can!

Journal Entry 21 by skizeye9 at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (12/16/2009 UTC) at Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

On its way to sunfi! Sorry it took me so long. Flying through 6 Rainier Drive so hoping to mail that one soon too but didn't want to hold this one up any longer!

Journal Entry 22 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, December 21, 2009
Caught in Ohio on Saturday, I have a number of other rings/rays ahead of this one but I'll get to it as soon as I can. I keep my profile updated on weekly basis so you can see how close this one is to the top.

Journal Entry 23 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, February 06, 2010
Sorry I'm still have this one, but I wanted to let you know that I'm starting it today. I just finished my previous bookring and it took longer to get into and through than I thought. The rest in the series #6, #7 and #8 will follow this one.

Journal Entry 24 by sunfi from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, February 07, 2010
Just finished this one, I only read 5-B Poppy Lane though. I'll have this on its way to glenystasmania in the next few days.

Journal Entry 25 by sunfi at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA on Thursday, February 11, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/11/2010 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA

Finally made it to the post office today, it should arrive in the next three weeks or so.

Journal Entry 26 by glenystasmania from Richmond, Tasmania Australia on Monday, April 05, 2010
Really pleased to have this book, will be reading it next in order to send on to next person on list. thanks for forwarding it on to me.....

Journal Entry 27 by glenystasmania from Richmond, Tasmania Australia on Wednesday, May 05, 2010
WOW! Absolutely loved the stories in this book, loved the way they related to each other yet were complete in themselves....thanks so much for including me in this ring.....cheers glenys

Journal Entry 28 by wingJoanazinhawing at Amersfoort, Utrecht Netherlands on Saturday, July 17, 2010
The book arrived safe and in good condition in The Netherlands. Thanks glenystasmania for sending it to me! And also thanks for the postcard (you live in a beautiful place!) and the bookmark.

Journal Entry 29 by wingJoanazinhawing at Amersfoort, Utrecht Netherlands on Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Just finished the three stories today. Not sure what to think of them though; they were a bit too light hearted to my taste. I liked the story written by Debbie Macomber best, but the other two were less interesting, at least to me.
Thanks anyway for including me top-tappser! As penelopewanders will be back from her holiday one of these days I'm going to flood her with Macomber books in a few days:-).

Journal Entry 30 by wingJoanazinhawing at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 12, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (8/13/2010 UTC) at To the next participant, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

On its way to penelopewanders. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 31 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, August 18, 2010
The spiral continues, thanks so much!

Journal Entry 32 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Wednesday, September 08, 2010
This arrived as part of the Cedar Cove spiral - six books all together!
Enjoyable, light continuation of this series.

Journal Entry 33 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Monday, September 20, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (9/20/2010 UTC) at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland

This is travelling with three others in the spiral to the UK. The following two will be sent either this afternoon or tomorrow. Thanks for making these available!

Journal Entry 34 by hadenmaiden at Selby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Received from penelopewanders today - maany thanks. Anyone else to add to the list?

Journal Entry 35 by hadenmaiden at Selby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, November 04, 2010
KBMarsh asked to be skipped, so ready for release into the wild. Many thanks for making this bik avaialable as a bookray x

Released 8 yrs ago (11/4/2010 UTC) at "Marbella yacht Club" AKA Community House in Selby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

enjoy ;)