Trunk Music (Detective Harry Bosch Mysteries)

by Michael Connelly | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 9/17/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, September 17, 2006
From Our Editors
Detective Harry Bosch is working on one of the hottest murder investigations in Hollywood. The body of a movie producer has been found stuffed into the trunk of his Rolls, and to Harry the evidence seems to say it all: it's "trunk music", a Mafia production. The money trail leads from L.A. to Las Vegas, and Harry's determined to get to the bottom of things--but he's making some powerful enemies along the way

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, January 14, 2008
Harry is assigned to what looks like an open-and-shut case of a Mafia hit. A B-movie producer is killed and stuffed into a trunk. He is apparently laundering money. This is a case that has connections in L.A. and Las Vegas.

Bosch is making enemies yet again but this time his new boss really seems like a stand-up person. We also get a new love interest. The chemistry between these two is not as well written as in the past. Furthermore his new girlfriend is a convicted felon which could end up with Bosch losing his job.

There is a wonderful twist at the end which clearly shows Bosch has not lost his human touch.

Another great read!!

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 25, 2008
Reading now!

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, February 08, 2008
Bosch gets called to the scene for his first case after being suspended. A Rolls Royce has been found in a park with a body inside. At first it looks like a mob hit, trunk music. The victim has ties to Vegas, so Bosch spends his time in both LA and Vegas trying to solve the mystery.

The previous Bosch novel (The Last Coyote) was a no holds barred type of book because Bosch was doing his own thing. Now the structure is back because he is working for the city again. He has a new boss, Grace, who seems like she might actually be on Bosch's side. Of course, there's a new love interest (detectives can't ever seem to stay on the same girl for more than one book). But it looks like this love interest might be around for the upcoming book in the series.

There were some unexpected twists and turns, which is always nice because I'm fairly good at guessing "whodunit" and like to be surprised.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Thursday, February 28, 2008
mailed today as a surprise RABCK to BruceAlexander who I am repaying

Journal Entry 6 by BruceAlexander from Ruidoso, New Mexico USA on Thursday, March 06, 2008
Awwww ~ you didn't have to. You and Lauren are so sweet. You're always thinking of others, DB! I am touched by your generosity!

Journal Entry 7 by BruceAlexander from Ruidoso, New Mexico USA on Friday, April 24, 2009
This was not one of my favorite Connelly reads. I found it really dry and wished he had pared it down a little. Three hundred pages of finding out they were following the wrong path! The killer's identity came as a surprise, which I liked, but once that climax came and went I found the rest of the story pretty predictable. I never could figure out why Carbone and his squad didn't want the case; it was never explained. Did they know the true identity of Luke Goshen? Did they know the Metro insider? Were they associated with Tony? The author never did say and I thought that was sloppy on Connelly's part....

Released 10 yrs ago (5/17/2009 UTC) at Fountain - U.S. Post Office off Hwy 231 in Fountain, Florida USA

In the lobby