Tears of the Giraffe (No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency S.)

by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by snufkin81 of Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on 9/16/2006
Journal Entry 1 by snufkin81 from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Saturday, September 16, 2006
The second book in the No.1 Ladies Detective Agency series.

This is a light, refreshing read.
Mma Ramotswe and Mr J.L.B. Matakone get used to the fact that they are now engaged (and suddenly have a family!), and in the meantime Mma Ramotswe's secretary, Mma Makutsi, decides to try her hand at some detective work.

I'm sending this off to Carlienka. I hope she enjoys it :)

Journal Entry 2 by Carlienka from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Monday, April 30, 2007
Yay! I received the package this weekend & am excited to read my first Alexander McCall Smith book!

Journal Entry 3 by Carlienka from Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa on Monday, July 30, 2007
Oooh, I really liked reading this! A refreshingly different style from what I've been reading lately, and a story out of Africa.. and not a depressing one! I think I am hooked!

Although the story is about a detective, the mysteries she needs to solve fade to the background in my opinion, as the things going on in her personal life make more fascinating reading. One of my favourite parts was the visit to 'Judgement Day Jewellers'!

By the way, I did some searching on the web to find out how to pronounce the titles 'Mma' and 'Rra' (basically 'maa' and 'rar') and I came across an Alexander McCall Smith website with lots of interesting stuff - http://www.randomhouse.com/features/mccallsmith/no1.html

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Wednesday, August 01, 2007
I received the book from Carlienka, as we happpen to live and work on the same ship, currently in Mokpo, South Korea. I swapped books with her: she got Two Lives by Vikram Seth- quite a different read but also highly recommendable. Tears of the Giraffe is a happy read.
I'm planning to take this book with me to the Netherlands in 2 weeks time and pass it on to a dear friend of mine, because I know she is going to enjoy the book too.

CAUGHT IN MOKPO SOUTH KOREA

Journal Entry 5 by Miepski from Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, August 06, 2007
See anonymus above - I''m registered now :-)

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, October 05, 2007
My first Alexander McCall Smith book and a new style of writing for me. A refreshing easy read on a weekend away.

CAUGHT IN CARLISLE CUMBRIA UK