Oranges are Not the Only Fruit

by Jeanette Winterson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by cestmoi of Hamilton, Ontario Canada on 1/2/2003
Journal Entry 1 by cestmoi from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 02, 2003
TBR

Journal Entry 2 by cestmoi from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 25, 2003
This is promised to poohbear3 next.

Journal Entry 3 by cestmoi from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, January 26, 2003
Great story! Lots of imagery. The book is divided into chapters that are the same name as books of the Bible from the Old Testament and the themes matches as well. I had read alot about this book in the forum so I had some idea what to expect but it impressed me very much.
Jeanette is a young woman living with a religious maniac mother and not emotionally there father...trying to fit into the outside world without any help from anyone and finds she IS different, for many reasons, but finally finds herself.

I laughed alot while reading this, the humour and wit are a big part of it's appeal.

This copy is off to poohbear3 at her request.

Journal Entry 4 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 09, 2003
Have been waiting to read this. Thanks cestmoi, it will be moving near the top of my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 5 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, February 26, 2003
I enjoyed this book but not as much as cestmoi. Coming from a family that has a religous fanatic for a grandmom, this story did make me chuckle. This is on to Penhaligon next as it was on her wish list.

Journal Entry 6 by chronicbooker3 at -- Controlled Release in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Saturday, March 01, 2003
Released on Saturday, March 01, 2003 at 'Planned release' in Toronto, Ontario Canada.

This is going to Penhaligon at the March meetup. Cestmoi has been kind enough to transport for me as I cant make it this month.

Journal Entry 7 by Penhaligon from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, March 12, 2003
Received this book at last night's meet-up via cestmoi who delivered it to me on behalf of poohbear3. Poohbear3 - you were missed last night and it just doesn't seem fair that something like a job in the real world should have to come between you and your fun. Thanks for the efforts in getting this to me and we'll see you next month.

Journal Entry 8 by Penhaligon from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 13, 2003
Well, this book was nothing like I was expecting, which probably had an influence while I read it.

I thought the story was alright and I do like these types of stories about kids with character who seem to be up against the world. I did like Jeanette but I felt like this story was just a glimpse and I wanted more.

I also liked the author's style of writing and plan to read more by her.

"Walls protect and walls limit." - from the book

Journal Entry 9 by Penhaligon at Starbucks - King and Yonge in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 08, 2003
Released on Tuesday, April 08, 2003 at Starbucks at King and Yonge, at the Toronto Meetup in Toronto, Ontario Canada.

Bringing to tonight's meet-up.

Journal Entry 10 by akajudy from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 28, 2003
Reading this one now - took me a while to make a journal entry. Not bad. Will release it at the next Bookcrossing meetup (It has been claimed!).