As Seen on TV: 50 Amazing Products and the Commercials That Made Them Famous--Quirk Books

by Lou Harry, Sam Stall | Nonfiction |
ISBN: 1931686092 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Gillianne of Denver, Colorado USA on 9/10/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Gillianne from Denver, Colorado USA on Sunday, September 10, 2006
This book is hysterical, I thought I should pass the love on. ;) It is a retrospective of all those silly, yet sometimes useful products you see on TV. It even had amusing photographs. :) This one is particularly fun for those of us who don't sleep well at night, that seems to be when most of those ads run. ;)

Journal Entry 2 by Gillianne at Frontier Restaurant on Central in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Sunday, September 10, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (9/10/2006 UTC) at Frontier Restaurant on Central in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Bringing this one to meet up. I'll find somewhere to leave it if nobody wants it.

Journal Entry 3 by squidgete at Golden Corral at Eubank and Central in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Saturday, November 18, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (11/19/2006 UTC) at Golden Corral at Eubank and Central in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Journal Entry 4 by squidgete from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Saturday, November 18, 2006
Oh my God, this is terrific light reading. I laughed and laughed and read through it on a night when I should have been doing homework.

Journal Entry 5 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Sunday, November 19, 2006
Picked this up at our meeting tonight. I have been wanting to read this since Gillianne originally brought it to a meeting... glad it has cycled through our group again!

Journal Entry 6 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Tuesday, December 05, 2006
This book has been so much fun! Think I'll keep it in the bathroom for a while for a bit of re-reading, and will probably take to our January meeting to share with the group!

Journal Entry 7 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Sunday, January 14, 2007
I'm setting this free as part of the Keep Them Moving Challenge

Brought to the meeting tonight, labmomnm took it home with her.

Journal Entry 8 by winglabmomnmwing from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Saturday, January 20, 2007
I picked this up at Meet-Up last Sunday....I'm soooo sorry for taking so long to journal the catch; it has been quite a week and my brain has been set on "space cadet".

4 June 2007 - I read this Saturday evening - no energy to actually do anything & I still haven't hooked up the DVD player after moving last month....so I plopped down on the sofa with this & then couldn't put it down! It was such a hoot, maybe because I'm in the "those of you over 40" crowd to which they keep referring. I'm glad "The Bedazzler" was in there - when I saw the ad on TV for it, all I could think was that it was just like the old "Rhinestone & Stud Setter" from when I was a kid (never had one, poor me) - now that I know the genealogy of "The Bedazzler" I feel better about continuing to call it by its old name.

9 June 2007 - mailed to drakeluvr

19 June '07 update - PM'd drakeluvr to see if the book was lost; they do have it, not sure why it hasn't been journaled.

15 July '07 - Released at The Painted Horse OBCZ

Journal Entry 9 by wingPaintedHorsewing from Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Sunday, July 15, 2007
On my shelf :-)