The Lovely Bones

by Alice Sebold | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by samwiseuk of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 9/9/2006
Journal Entry 1 by samwiseuk from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, September 09, 2006
This is a really good book.

It describes the disappearance and murder of a 14 year old girl in the seventies. It's a really different premise for a book and is told from the viewpoint of the child as she watches her family, unable to cope with not knowing what has happened to their Susie. Susie also watches her killer who is evading detection.

A touching story from a different angle.

Journal Entry 2 by Minkymoo76 from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, September 11, 2006
I have been wanting to read this book for ages, looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 3 by Minkymoo76 from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, September 11, 2006

Journal Entry 4 by Minkymoo76 from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Friday, February 29, 2008
I had wanted to read this book for ages, but when I tried to start it I could never get into it, but I picked it up the other day and then couldne't put it down. It is so well written and at times not nice to read but I am so glad I got there in the end. Really good finish to it that I didn't see coming. Sorry to take so long with it.
I will be sending off as a RABCK soon