Looking for JJ

by Anne Cassidy | Teens |
Registered by samwiseuk of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 9/9/2006
Journal Entry 1 by samwiseuk from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, September 09, 2006
This is a very good book.

It describes the attempts to create a new identity for a girl who has committed murder as a child. The viewpoint is entirely that of the child who tries to get on with her life, whilst being relentlessly pursued by investigative journalists.

This book successfully tackles a difficult story and is a real eye-opener.

A definite must-read.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, September 10, 2006
Picked up at the Ipswich BC meet at Cafe Nero. Thanks for the welcome kind people. How did I manage to take 6 books away with me.

Following the meet and a jolly good Chinese buffet saw Ipswich Town beat Southampton 2-1. Good day out.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcandy-is-dandywing at Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, May 19, 2014
I finally got around to reading this and found it a difficult read due to the subject matter. I empathised with JJ/Alice, and it was a story that has stayed with me. It certainly makes you think.

Aimed at young adults and very readable.

Journal Entry 4 by wingcandy-is-dandywing at The Chequers in Great Tey, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, May 19, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (5/21/2014 UTC) at The Chequers in Great Tey, Essex United Kingdom

To be released at the bookcrossing meet at The Chequers. Where next little book?

Journal Entry 5 by wingardachywing at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Sunday, December 31, 2017
I must have picked this book up at the Chequers and forgot to journal it. Apologies to candy-is-dandy. I have finally got round to reading it and am glad I did. I agree with the comments made by samwiseuk and am happy to recommend this book to anyone.

Journal Entry 6 by wingardachywing at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, January 13, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (1/13/2018 UTC) at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

On the bookshelf if not taken during monthly meet up.

Coffeelink in Ipswich

Journal Entry 7 by Niksoki at Seabank Resort in Mellieha, Malta (main island) Malta on Monday, December 09, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/9/2019 UTC) at Seabank Resort in Mellieha, Malta (main island) Malta

Interesting book. The story is told from the point of view of the "villain." The truth is revealed slowly through the book.

Will leave this in the library they have in one of the bars here for guests.