Blood Hollow (Cork O'Connor Mysteries)

by William Kent Krueger | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by alsgal of Lewes, Delaware USA on 9/5/2006
Journal Entry 1 by alsgal from Lewes, Delaware USA on Tuesday, September 5, 2006
sending to sarradee

From Publishers Weekly
In his fourth Cork O'Connor mystery (after 2001's Purgatory Ridge), Krueger tells a chilling story with a warm heart. O'Connor, the prickly ex-sheriff of the small town of Aurora, Minn., finds himself in conflict with the new, politically motivated sheriff, Arne Soderberg, when Charlotte Kane, a beautiful but reckless teen, disappears on a drunken snowmobile ride during a New Year's Eve party. A Minnesota blizzard thwarts the search, and decidedly unspiritual O'Connor returns to civilization troubled by supernatural visions in the blinding snowfall. Kane's body doesn't surface until the spring thaw, and then questions about her death arise: the autopsy and evidence at the scene point to murder, and the most likely suspect is Solemn Winter Moon, her brooding, rebellious ex-boyfriend, a lothario from the Ojibwe reservation who has a bad reputation with the citizens of Aurora. Anti-Native prejudice gives way to spiritual controversy when Winter Moon turns himself in after claiming to have seen Christ while seeking a vision from Kitchimanidoo, the Great Spirit. Skeptical of Winter Moon's religious claims but determined to prove his innocence, O'Connor uncovers twisted family drama, frightening religious fervor and suspicious infidelities. Krueger skillfully crafts enough plot twists to keep everybody guessing through the bloody climax to the thrilling end.

Journal Entry 2 by sarradee from Mansfield, Texas USA on Thursday, September 7, 2006
These look really good, thank you alsgal!

Journal Entry 3 by sarradee from Mansfield, Texas USA on Thursday, March 6, 2008
I am weeding out some books that I'm not going to get around to reading in the very near future because we're moving. So when I saw this one was on the wishlist of the March Reading Diva I knew I should pass it on. I'm putting it in an envelope and taking it out to the mailbox right now - it's hard to let something go unread, but I have too many to keep them all.

Journal Entry 4 by ThreeSixNine from Catawba, Wisconsin USA on Friday, March 14, 2008
I met this author at my sister's library! I read the first 3(?) in the series and have had the others on my wish list. I grew up just south of the area his books take place in and I find it way cool that I recognize places in the stories. Great choice and Thanks!

Journal Entry 5 by ThreeSixNine at Catawba, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
This book received serious water damage during a recent sump pump accident. I'm marking it as PC since there isn't a status for deceased.