Blackwater Lightship

by Colm Toibin | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingmulligans-barwing of Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on 11/8/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingmulligans-barwing at OBCZ Mulligans bar in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Journal Entry 2 by wingmulligans-barwing from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAylaMeywing from Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, November 10, 2006
Opgepikt uit OBCZ Mulligans Bar.

Picked up at OBCZ Mulligans Bar.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAylaMeywing at OBCZ - café Persee (opgeheven) in Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, January 06, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (1/6/2007 UTC) at OBCZ - café Persee (opgeheven) in Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands

Left it on the bookshelf. A nice pub to visit!

Achtergelaten op de boekenplank. Een heel gezellig cafeetje!

[I didn't manage to read it. It took too long so I released it beforehand. Maybe our paths will cross again]

Journal Entry 5 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, February 23, 2007
As a local, I regularly visit the cafe where the OBCZ is based, but the few books on the shelf are slowly gathering dust. But then I noticed a new book among the familiar titles there. Hey, look, we've been visited by another bookcrosser form out of town!
I've read a few pages so far and the story grabbed my attention. I will read it soon.

Journal Entry 6 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, March 30, 2007
Finished it yesterday. I loved it! The story unweaved before my mind's eye like a slow and sober movie, almost in black and white. In many shades of grey, actually. The mother, the grandmother, the daughter, the son and his friends, the husband and kids from a distance, the focus on this house at the sea and the people circling eachother.
In this it was a bit too sober to my liking: it is hardly touched how everyone feels about Declan dying. Almost like an omission.

Released 11 yrs ago (5/19/2007 UTC) at Etty Hillesum Centrum, Roggestraat 3, bij de Brink in Deventer, Overijssel Netherlands

Tijdens het optreden van de band "Waarschuwing voor de Scheepvaart"