Rapture of Canaan (Oprah's Book Club)

by Sheri Reynolds | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by jenptcfan of Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on 9/12/2006
Journal Entry 1 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, September 12, 2006
This is possibly the best book ever written. I've read it at least 3 times, and will probably read it again.

This is the book that first introduced me to Sheri Reynolds and she quickly became a favorite of mine.

Her writing style draws me in quickly. It's very poetic.

Anyway, this is part of my permanent collection, but I'm shoving it off on an unsuspecting coworker today.

Journal Entry 2 by jenptcfan at N/A in ***, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (9/12/2006 UTC) at N/A in ***, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Lent to Arthur. I hope he enjoys it as much as I have.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, October 31, 2006
A friend/coworker/book visionary 'threw' the book at me. With her very vague introduction I dove head first into this book. At first it was a hard read for me. Trying to keep every family straight. I kept referencing back to the first 20 pages when the narrator lined out her family.

The further I got in the book, the harder it became for me to put it down. I found myself laughing out loud at certain parts and wanting to scream at the characters during other times.

Overall I must say that enjoyed the book. There are books whose endings leave you wanting more, this book was one of those. Though I could tell (from the lack of following pages) that the story had come to an end I was left with my tongue wagging, expecting and wanting more. It was just that good.

I must say thanks to Jenny for dropping this great find in my lap. She's two for two in the literary department.

CAUGHT IN CONWAY ARKANSAS USA

Journal Entry 4 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, October 31, 2006
This was given back to me weeks ago.