The Bookcrossers Cookbook

by Various Bookcrossers | Cooking, Food & Wine | This book has not been rated.
Registered by ktwalker of Aston, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 8/22/2006
Journal Entry 1 by ktwalker from Aston, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 22, 2006
This is my bookcrossers cookbook ring, each participant will add recipies to this A5 notebook and have the chance to try out other recipes in the book. When the book returns to me I will contact the participants to see who would like to be in a bookring to see the finished book.

The Rules

1. I would like everyone to contribute a 3 course meal, Starter, Main and Pud but if you have an extra recipe you would like to include as wel thats fine.

2. Recipies can be of your own creation or "stolen" from a cookbook, friend, relative whatever!

3. Please try to keep the book no longer than 4 weeks, if you need more time PM me and let me know.

4. Please journal the book when you get it and again when you post it, this will help me keep track of it.

5. Have Fun

6. boirina has offered to put the recipies on a website so when you write them in the book if you could also send them to boirina via email.

The Participants

Bibliocrates- USA
kimmi- Canada
darkpunkangel- Canada

Then back to me!!

Journal Entry 2 by ktwalker from Aston, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 30, 2007
sent on it's way today

Journal Entry 3 by Minkymoo76 from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 27, 2007
The book is here with me, now trying to sort my recipes out, Pming next on list , and will get it moving on ASAP !

17th April - Book all done and will be sent off tomorrow !

Journal Entry 5 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Book arived this morning. I was so excited I put in a couple of recipes before I registered it and read the rules. Dohh!
I will now go and add recipes for a three course meal. The Pasta Sauce and the cocktail are my extras!

Picture is of my sister Susie's Grilled Aubergine Croute with goats cheese.Yummm!

Journal Entry 6 by musicalpenguin on Saturday, May 12, 2007
Arrived today! I haven't had time to look through it properly yet, but I'm already liking the sound of "Moroccan Lamb Tagine" and the Tropical Creme Brulee.

musicalpenguin

Journal Entry 7 by musicalpenguin on Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Just about finished accing my recipes, which are as follows:

French Butternut Squash Soup
German Hackfleisch Auflauf
Danish Biscuits

bit of a continental thing going on, in case you hadn't noticed. Will PM off to boirina soon, and will forward to next person after this weekend.

Journal Entry 8 by menalima on Friday, July 27, 2007
Sorry I never jornaled when book arrived but I'm on holiday and u know how things go:)

Anyways I've also added my recipes, all Portuguese naturally, I'd love to hear your comments once you've tried them out!

Going to see if next lady on the list is ready to receive the book:=)

Journal Entry 9 by menalima on Friday, September 21, 2007
Book posted today to Boirina, have fun!!

Journal Entry 10 by boirina from Mallorca - Calvià, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Tuesday, September 25, 2007
The book got here today.

I'm planning my meal. :)

This looks like fun!

I must say that nobody has sent me the recipes by email. I'll try to scan the ones that are on the book so far and type them, but it would be great if the people after me tried to send them by email or PM too.

Journal Entry 11 by boirina from Mallorca - Calvià, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Wednesday, December 12, 2007
I've just managed to add my recipes to the book.

They are as follows:

- Pumpkin soup with basil
- Emergency quiche
- Okra in yogurt sauce
- Rice pudding, Indian style

I don't know if I'll have time to scan the recipes before I send the book... it would be so much easier if everybody sent me their recipes... then I would put them on a website. :)

I'll mail it to MieLH as soon as I get her address.

Journal Entry 12 by boirina from Mallorca - Calvià, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Saturday, December 22, 2007
The book has left for MieLH today. :)

Journal Entry 13 by MieLH from Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Wednesday, January 02, 2008
The cookbook is now safe with me :) I'm planning my meal and trying to translate the recipes. I will PM Mary-T, so I can ship the book as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 14 by MieLH from Odense, Fyns Amt Denmark on Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Recipes have now been added and Mary-T has already PM'ed me her address, so this book will be on it's way to Germany tomorrow :)

I've PM'ed my Recipes to Boirina aswell, and I'm looking forward to seeing the website when she gets it ready :) I've tried to translate the recipes to the best of my ability. If there're any doubts, don't hesitate to PM me.

Best of luck to this book on it's future journeys :)

Journal Entry 15 by wingMary-Twing from Bretzfeld, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, March 21, 2008
This arrived some days ago... I'm looking forward to add my recipies.
Hope it won't take too long.
Thanks for allowing me to join.

Journal Entry 16 by wingMary-Twing from Bretzfeld, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, August 24, 2008
SORRY - SORRY - SORRY
Please accept my apology for keeping this book for so long.
If you need to write something into a book... you lay it aside - and then you tend to forget about it. :(
Life is busy currently... and I wanted to cook, before I give you a recipe - since I don't use scales... ;)
But now I instantly try to write something down right from my memory and I hope it will do. And before this, I will ask for the next address...
And as soon as this arrives - I will send this book eventually off again. PROMISED!

10-Sep-08
no reply from mamajane yet - there haven't been recent activities on her shelf neither.
I've sent another PM, and if I didn't get a response by beginning of next week, I will approach the next participant on the list.

20-March-09
I just found this behind a pile of books now again.
.... what a pity no-body reminded me...
I'm sooooo sorry to keep it for too long.
Unfortunately there was never a reply from the last person on the list for Germany... mamajane
So - I just sent a PM for the next participant's address.
As soon as this is received the book is on its way again. It's already packed since a long time - and I just hope I can send it off now...

01-April-09
no reply from culinaryjen as well... seems to be inactive... tried the next on the list...

05-April-09
.. on its way to culinaryjen!

Journal Entry 17 by likestoreadinFL from Fort Pierce, Florida USA on Saturday, April 18, 2009
So, I was sitting a my kitchen table, entering a recipe into my nutrition calculator, when the postman rang and delivered this cookbook. How appropriate! I know at least one of the recipes I will be entering :-)

Journal Entry 18 by likestoreadinFL at Marlborough, Massachusetts USA on Monday, September 21, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (9/21/2009 UTC) at Marlborough, Massachusetts USA

Sorry this took so long to get out to you! A move kinda interrupted my Bookcrossing progress. Enjoy the recipes!