Scarlet Feather

by Maeve Binchy | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Kera of Brixham, Devon United Kingdom on 8/21/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Kera from Brixham, Devon United Kingdom on Monday, August 21, 2006
Cathy Scarlet and Tom Feather have decided to create the best catering company in Dublin. They have talent, premises - even a few contacts. But not everyone is as pleased by the idea of 'Scarlet Feather' as they are. Tom's parents wanted him to follow in the family business, and Cathy's mother-in-law believes Cathy should be at home. Yet neither Cathy's marriage, nor Tom's relationship with his girlfriend, are everything they appear to be, and Cathy and Tom are struggling to maintain their emotional ties amongst the catering triumphs and disasters of Scarlet Feather.

Journal Entry 2 by Kera at Trago Mills in Newton Abbot, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, March 11, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (3/10/2007 UTC) at Trago Mills in Newton Abbot, Devon United Kingdom

Left in the toilets

Journal Entry 3 by SHYMNII from Newton Abbot, Devon United Kingdom on Monday, June 04, 2007
The book was caught by my daughter who works on the Trago Mills complex and she brought it home for me to read. Found in the cafe at Trago Mills I have had it for 3 months and have now finished reading it, as it was in a queue of books I had to read. I do not usually go for that genre but I must admit I found it an easy book to get into and Maeve Binchy as a writer managed to hold my attention all the way through. The book itself is a story of ordinary folk in Dublin and their quest to live normal and fulfilling lives despite all the difficulties that were thrown their way. From a son of rich parents Hannah and Jock Mitchell, marrying the maids daughter Cathy Scarlet, his mothers snobbish attitude to Cathy's family, to the failure of Jock Mitchell's Brother and sister-in-law in being able to look after their twins Simon and Maud. Compelling reading from start to finish. Released in Nat West Bank Newton Abbot 04/06/07