What's the Big Idea?

by Tohby Riddle | Humor |
Registered by elisabethlily of Brisbane, Queensland Australia on 8/17/2006
Journal Entry 1 by elisabethlily from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Thursday, August 17, 2006
Somewhat thought provoking, sometimes misses the mark. Time for this one to explore the world: I am sending it down to the Australian Bookcrossing Convention 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (8/18/2006 UTC) at n/a in Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

To be sent to ABC 2006

Journal Entry 3 by ADCON from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Wednesday, September 20, 2006
In fantastic nick! Some of it is pretty good. And I found another of those fan bookmarks. Many thanks and happy bookcrossing to elisabethlily

Journal Entry 4 by woosang from Campbelltown, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, October 19, 2006
This lovely book was left under my wiper as my car sat outside the backpackers. A wonderful suprise!

Journal Entry 5 by woosang at James Squire Brew House in Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, November 13, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (11/13/2006 UTC) at James Squire Brew House in Sydney, New South Wales Australia

Wonderfully funny book

Journal Entry 6 by goodthinkingmax from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, November 14, 2006
I couldn't let a cartoon book get past me at the meetup. I have enjoyed Tohby's cartoons in the past.

Journal Entry 7 by goodthinkingmax from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, February 12, 2007
I enjoyed this book. My favourite is the 4th last cartoon in the book which I tore out of The Good Weekend years ago and had stuck to my fridge - "You can't go out in that hat - people will think you are an idiot and a fool!" "Goodness me! Yes, that mustn't become public knowledge"

Releasing back at the Sydney meetup tonight

Released 13 yrs ago (2/13/2007 UTC) at Madison Hotel, Cnr Devonshire and Chalmers Sts in Surry Hills, New South Wales Australia

Journal Entry 9 by jubby from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Look what I picked up at meetup tonight!

I took this book home from meetup last week with the intention of sending it on to another, but then I started reading it...

My favourite cartoon was the one of the sun rising, and reading 'Due to popular request, last Tuesday will be repeated'.

I also enjoyed the one that Goodthinkingmax mentioned too.

And now, after a week I am ready to let go (yes, I've read it several times now) and post it Gothmarcus as an RABCK.

The ever generous Gothmarcus sent me a copy of Martin Amis' 'Rachel papers'.

I hope he enjoys it.

Journal Entry 11 by Vroomfondel from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 24, 2007
On a scale of 1 to 10, how wonderful is Jubby? Erm, about 12, is the answer! Thanks for this great surprise :)

Journal Entry 12 by Vroomfondel from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 27, 2007
I enjoyed this, some of the pictures were excellent... I think the Pavarotti stage dive, and the guide dog describing the modern art exhibition to the blind man were my favourites!

Updated 7 June 2009: I'm taking this to perfect-circle. She's then, very kindly, going to use her knowledge and wisdom to get this to a future meet; possibly the Edinburgh BookCrossing Unconvention next month.

Journal Entry 13 by peaceangel at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, November 14, 2019
Sorting books before moving house, probably got this at Edinburgh some years back, enjoyed it, sorry it sat here so long! Will be reading very soon here in Northern Ireland! Hope you Ausdies are surviving the heat!