Loyalty in Death (In Death (Paperback))

by J. D. Robb, Nora Roberts | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 042517140x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 8/13/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, August 13, 2006
From Our Editors
Nora Roberts, using her pen name J.D. Robb, captivates readers with this series filled with suspense, romance and near-future police procedures. Loyalty in Death features New York cop Eve Dallas returning to confront one of her most clever enemies. Her adversary is a mysterious bomber who continues to ridicule her with letters and murder without remorse. This thrilling romantic suspense novel is sure to entertain

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 25, 2009
A terrorist group by the name of Cassandra is bombing NYC. Eve Dallas must decipher the taunting letters and try to stop this group. They are killing thousands of people and seem to have no remorse. Dallas must save the people and the landmarks of the city.

A wealthy tools & toy manufacturer is killed by his jealous girlfriend(Lizabeth). She seems to get off light and Dallas still continues the investigation hoping to find some fault in Lizabeth's story. In the meantime Peabody's brother has been commissioned to do some carpentry in NYC for none other than the deceased's brother. Coincidence?? Of course not!

While still a good read, I found the protaganist to be so obvious so there were no surprises. What makes this a good read are the steamy sex scenes!! Including the one with Peabody!!!

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, October 18, 2009
Reading now!

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, October 26, 2009
The stakes are high in this installment of the "In Death" series. Eve Dallas is called in to what looks like an open and shut case of a jealous woman killing her lover. Then Eve gets discs of people claiming to have a political cause and threaten to blow up parts of the city if their demands are not met. Are these two cases to linked? When Dallas' aide's brother comes in to town and starts to build cabinets for the deceased's brother, Dallas doesn't like the coincidence. Then a hotel lobby blows up and Eve must focus on stopping this group.

There seemed to be much more on the line for Eve this time which made the store more gripping. The previous wars that Robb had thought up were interesting to read about. This includes an Urban War and some unimaginable terrorism events. Unfortunately, the story was ruined by horrific dialog between Zeke, Peabody's brother, and the wife B.D Branson, the deceased's brother. This part read out like a low quality romance novel and I almost had to put the book down.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, November 03, 2009
This book is back with me!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, March 14, 2012
mailed today to Dutch-flybabe in trade

Journal Entry 7 by dutch-flybabe at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, March 24, 2012
Received this book as part of a trade. Thanks Aceofhearts!
Will start reading this book tonight :-)

Journal Entry 8 by dutch-flybabe at Ede, Gelderland Netherlands on Friday, March 30, 2012
I finished reading this book a couple of days ago and with that came an end to an 'In death'-series 'binge' of reading three books of this series back to back (which I enjoyed immensly)!
When I find the next book in this series I have another chance of reading a number of books in this series back to back :-)
Thanks again Aceofhearts! Reserved for Lunabooks.

Journal Entry 9 by dutch-flybabe at Bodegraven, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, July 20, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (7/20/2013 UTC) at Bodegraven, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

I'm going to Wassenaar today and will be dropping off this book at Lunabooks in Bodegraven (finally!). Happy reading!

Journal Entry 10 by Lunabooks at Bodegraven, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Thanks dutch-flybabe! It's going on my "In Death" Mount TBR!