The Alchemist

by Paulo Coelho | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by SalDragski of San Antonio, Texas USA on 8/5/2006
Journal Entry 1 by SalDragski from San Antonio, Texas USA on Saturday, August 05, 2006
Unabridged. Read by Jeremy Irons. I guess you could say this is a fable of finding your "personal legend" and more specifically the people and things you meet along the way that you learn from. Most of the ideas I've read in other books, i.e., the Bible, The Celestine Prophecy, etc. It just didn't strike me as it has done other people.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, January 08, 2007
Received in the mail today. Picked up from a audio relay

Journal Entry 3 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 10, 2007
This book is very philosophical. It is about finding one's personal legend. Along the way the people the shepard meets are interesting and do help him. I find the book a little simplistic and the ending is downright biblical. An okay book but nothing earth shattering

Journal Entry 4 by wingAceofHeartswing at -- Controlled Release in Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (6/13/2007 UTC) at -- Controlled Release in Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Journal Entry 5 by book--crazy from Salem, Oregon USA on Saturday, July 21, 2007
I am very much enjoying this book, even though I normally don't care for audio books on CDs (too hard to find one's place!). It's obviously a story that can be taken on several levels, and it's a bit obvious at times, but since I agree with much of its "new thought" teachings, I am receptive to it.

Another note: I received this book in trade from titletrader.com and although I'm glad I got it, I have mixed feelings about books being listed on book-swap sites. These books are supposed to be GIVEN AWAY -- not exchanged for money, credits, or any other form of "currency." Before I realized it was a bookcrossing book, I had intended on putting it back for trade on one of these sites (which I love). Now, I'm not sure. It's definitely a moral dilemma, don't you think?