Final Target

by Iris Johansen | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by SinfulWays of Toronto, Ontario Canada on 8/1/2006
Journal Entry 1 by SinfulWays from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, August 1, 2006
I selected Mystery and Thrillers but this one borders on the Supernatural and Fiction, for those of you that like that Genre (that like for instance Dean Koontz or Mary Higgings Clark).. Iris Johanssen has a lot of unexplained in her novels, but somehow I can digest it much better than the said authors. The only thing is that you will get the predictable super-woman that has everything but somehow is sympathetic because she suffered so much sometime in her past and has merit and SHE will get the most amazing guy. In the meantime a lot of suspense and adventures, in this case Dr. Jessica Riley, will save a girl in deep trauma.

Journal Entry 2 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Wednesday, August 2, 2006
I took this from the English Bookcrossing meet-up last night. It will either end up in the OBCZ in Flanagans or will get relayed/traded/released.

Journal Entry 3 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Monday, September 4, 2006
Recieved today from Amberkatze. One of my prizes for "winning" (I love the fact bookcrossers are so kind they run competitons you win by doing nothing but typing a message!) The *Magical Mid-Year Support BC* contest. Many thanks to Amberkatze for donating this prize and to TracyShannon for organising it!

Journal Entry 4 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 1, 2006
When I browsed Amberkatze's shelf, I didn't immediately find anything that grabbed me, but I'm very glad that I chose this book in the end. Whilst I like reading more "literary" things, sometimes it's good just to curl up and read a good, fast-paced thriller. On Halloween and a cold November 1st, this kept me in bed until I'd finished it (with a bit of sleeping inbetween!).

Ok, so as SinfulWays mentioned, there's the damaged but wonderful heroine, but I liked the supernatural aspects, and flow - not much irrelevant detail. I will definitely keep my eye out for more of Iris Johansen's books now.

Very enjoyable indeed - thanks again!

Journal Entry 5 by bigcurlyloz at Hilton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 7, 2013
I enjoyed this so much that I kept hold of it when I found out there were other books involving the Wind Dancer. I recently read all four in order and loved the story of the statue and its owners over the centuries. Time for it to move on now, possibly to my sister.