Running in the Family (Picador Books)

by Michael Ondaatje | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by dotdot of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 7/30/2006
Journal Entry 1 by dotdot from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, July 30, 2006
Back cover says this book is semi-autographic, what ever that means. Perhaps I find that out when I read the book. Some day.

Journal Entry 2 by dotdot at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, June 06, 2014
On its way to a new home.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTarnawing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, June 26, 2014
I couldn't believe my eyes when I finally managed to open the paper bag (luckily, Appelsiini had scissors with her) and took out all the goodies. Everything in the bag was something I know I'll enjoy immensely, but Running in the Family is the best. Thank you so much, dotdot!

Journal Entry 4 by wingTarnawing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, June 20, 2017
“In Sri Lanka a well-told lie is worth a thousand facts,” Michael Ondaatje says in the Acknowledgements. And yes, he blurs the line between fact and fiction but he does it in style. His text is so vivid I could see, smell, and taste Sri Lanka, I felt I really met the Ondaatje family there. I also liked the way he uses different genres in this book. Loved both prose and poetry.
In the Skin of a Lion is my favourite Ondaatje book. In fact, it's one of my absolute favourites. Running in the Family comes pretty close to it. Thank you ever so much for sharing it with me, dotdot!
And now I want to share it with someone else. For the time being, this book is reserved.

Journal Entry 5 by wingTarnawing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (6/20/2017 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

The book is on its way to Canadian Literature Sweepstakes winner. HAPPY READING!

Journal Entry 6 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, June 26, 2017
Thank you sooo much for sending this book to me, with a lovely swan postcard and bookmark.
The fact that you have enjoyed it so much makes it extra special for me; I am sure I will love it too!

Journal Entry 7 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, April 03, 2018
Now a 12th Bookiversary bookray. :)

The list so far:
1) Arvores (Portugal)
2) iwillrejoice (U.S.A.)
3) Ann1244 (U.S.A.) (Skipped)
4) Valpete (U.S.A.)
5) Ollie1976 (U.S.A.)(The book is here! - BOOKRAY COMPLETED!)

Journal Entry 8 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, June 02, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (6/2/2018 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to Arvores, who is first in this bookray...
Take your time reading it; the main thing is to enjoy without being hurried along, always remembering there are other readers waiting... :)

Journal Entry 9 by wingArvoreswing at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Sunday, June 10, 2018
The book arrived last Friday (the 6th).
I'll read it ASAP. Thank you so much for sharing

Journal Entry 10 by wingArvoreswing at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Sunday, August 05, 2018
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I first thought. There are some interesting parts and some dull parts, but most of the time I had to struggle a bit to keep on reading it.

Thank you for this opportunity, anyway :-)
It will be sent to iwillrejoice tomorrow.

Journal Entry 11 by wingArvoreswing at Porto Santo (ilha), Madeira Portugal on Monday, August 06, 2018
This book has been sent to iwillrejoice today.
Happy travels! Happy readings! :-)

Journal Entry 12 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Arrived safely in Florida today. Thanks! As soon as I finish my current read, I'll get right to it!

P.S. I'll be skipping Ann1244. She still has many bookrings & boxes in her possession, & is not responding to PM's...

Journal Entry 13 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, August 29, 2018
OK, this was just weird.

Thanks for letting me read it, though!

PM'ing Valpete next...

Journal Entry 14 by wingiwillrejoicewing at BookRay, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 30, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (8/30/2018 UTC) at BookRay, by mail -- Controlled Releases

Released to valpete in California as she is next in this ray. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 15 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Saturday, September 15, 2018
Thanks, I've now received this one. I do have a few before this, but I promise to read, journal and send it on.

Journal Entry 16 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Sunday, November 25, 2018
I love knowing how other people live in different cultures. I always come away thinking others are so alike me in and my family in so many ways. Loved some of his profound statements, such as "The Buddhists say if you have things, you only worry about them."

Journal Entry 17 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Monday, November 26, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (11/26/2018 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

Off to the next reader. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 18 by Ollie1976 at Hillsboro, Oregon USA on Friday, November 30, 2018
received today