The Half-Mammals of Dixie

by George Singleton | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by cafekat of Rotonda West, Florida USA on 7/29/2006
Journal Entry 1 by cafekat from Rotonda West, Florida USA on Saturday, July 29, 2006
I heard an interview on PBR one Saturday morning while I was getting dressed..........
...George Singleton, Forty Five, South Carolina, half-mammals because of the hot humid weather?????? All this was ringing so close to home. I realize right away, "hey I know this guy!"

I found the book at a little book store while vacationing on Hilton Head Island. You see, I grew up in Forty Five, South Carolina and I know that it is GREENWOOD, SC after all. I'm reading this while the temperature is 101 with a heat index of 110 while visiting family in Columbia, SC!! (I live in Pennsylvania now)

George Singleton!!! I also know that the graduating class of GHS 1976 is looking for you for the 30 year reunion this fall!! HONEST TO GOODNESS!! So do call Emmie, Joy, or Beth!

Journal Entry 2 by cafekat at Quigleys Pint and Plate in Pawleys Island, South Carolina USA on Sunday, February 27, 2011

Released 11 yrs ago (2/26/2011 UTC) at Quigleys Pint and Plate in Pawleys Island, South Carolina USA

left on the bench just inside the front entrance.
Thanks to Josh and Mike for a wonderful afternoon of food, drink and great music at the second annual oyster roast.
To the finder of this book...enjoy a South Carolina writer who will make you laugh out loud!