Library Book Sale Bookbox

by Various | e-Books | This book has not been rated.
Registered by MyaStone of Cary, North Carolina USA on 7/28/2006
Journal Entry 1 by MyaStone from Cary, North Carolina USA on Friday, July 28, 2006
This box is currently US only and the only requirement for books is that they be bought at a library sale. I thought it was a nice way to share books and help support our local libraries, and I'm glad I found a few people who agree with me. Its also given me a chance to go to a few different libraries and scope out which have the best offerings.

Rules for this bookbox are pretty much the same as all others, but for propriety's sake i will put them down again:

1. journal entry when you receive the box and ship it off. i'd love it if you write which books you took out and what you put in.
2. please only keep the box for about 2 weeks
3. i have never done a bookbox before, but i get the impression that mine is on the smaller side, so it shouldnt be too hard to fill up. please put in as many as you take out.
4. please replace the box if it is falling apart.

The box will be going out next week. The order is:

bookpatch, CA
innae, CO
Tribefan, OH
awakeagain, NJ
eponine454, VA
gomboggit, OR
elizardbreath, OR
MyaStone NY<-- back home!

The books i'm including are:

A Game of Thrones, George RR Martin
Great Tales of Edgar Allan Poe
Emma, Jane Austen
Amsterdam, Ian McEwan
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass, Lewis Carroll

posted to bookpatch 1 august.
del conf # 03061070000421284758

Note for those taking my books. innae has reminded me that some of the labels are in hebrew. i had totally forgotten when i packed the box and remembered when it was already shipped. feel free to relabel!

Journal Entry 2 by bookpatch from Lakewood, California USA on Wednesday, August 9, 2006
The box is here! Quite a nice assortment, MyaStone. Thanks for sharing!

What I'm taking out:

1) Anything Goes, Jill Churchill
2) Watership Down, Richard Adams
3) The Haunted Lady, Mary Roberts Rinehart
4) The Abductors: Conspiracy, Jonathan Frakes with Dean Wesley Smith

PMing for innae's address and will see if I can mail out Saturday.

Journal Entry 3 by bookpatch from Lakewood, California USA on Saturday, August 19, 2006
Mailed to innae, DC #03041560000023109343. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by winginnaewing from Aurora, Colorado USA on Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Received today! I will decide what I am keeping and what I am sending on shortly...in the meantime I will get Tribefan's addy.

Journal Entry 5 by winginnaewing from Aurora, Colorado USA on Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Ok, I was too excited to wait, so...

I have taken:
Ring
The Haunted Lady
Amsterdam
A Few Corrections

I have added:
The Forbidden Game (the whole trilogy)
Forget, Me Not
Spencer Tracy
Sweet Piracy

And I will send off to Tribefan ASAP

Journal Entry 6 by Tribefan from Wake Forest, North Carolina USA on Monday, September 11, 2006
Arrived safe and sound! Will go through the box in the morning! Thanks for doing this box!

Taking out:

Crawlspace by Herbert Lieberman
Blood Games by Richard Laymon
Clashing Hearts (Sweet Dreams) by Caryn Jenner
Hawaii by James A. Michener

Journal Entry 7 by awakeagain from Port Murray, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Rec'd this bookbox today.

Journal Entry 8 by eponine454 from Yorktown, Virginia USA on Wednesday, October 4, 2006
I received the box after I got back from a week's vacation out of town, and was excited to see it! Sorry I didn't get to journal it received sooner, but the post-vacation "busies" have kept me, well, busy!

I took out:
Great Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe
Forget Me Not

I Added:
The Panther Woman
Wolves of the Dawn

I'm going to PM the next person right now and will hopefully have this box back in the mail by the weekend (or early next week at the latest, pending address.) Thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by gomboggit from Baker City, Oregon USA on Saturday, October 28, 2006
Received in the mail.

Tropical Paradise, Robert Sylvester
Texas, James A. Michener
Theatre and Drama in the Making
Silver Chief's Big Game Trail, Albert G. Miller

I will deliver this to Elizardbreath tomorrow.

Journal Entry 10 by elizardbreath from Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Friday, November 10, 2006
Gomboggit gave this to me as promised...I apologize it has taken me so long to journal it. I will exchange and mail out this coming week.

Journal Entry 11 by elizardbreath from Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Friday, November 10, 2006
Taking out:

Wild Folk in the Mountains
White Wilderness
Black Sunshine
We Read A-Z

Journal Entry 12 by MyaStone from Cary, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, November 21, 2006
yay! the box has returned back to me safe and sound. thank you all for participating. i admit i have read alot of those 'stalled bookring/ray/box' forum posts lately, so this has really been a great experience. i have to get to work, so i am holding off opening the box until i get back home (otherwise i will never leave!). i am really hoping to increase my wild releases, so hopefully most of these will end up traveling again.

thanks again, A-team (aak, so excited, must...leave...house...now...)