Now Wait for Last Year (Panther Science Fiction)

by Philip K. Dick | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 0586042083 Global Overview for this book
Registered by AliceF of Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on 8/4/2006
Journal Entry 1 by AliceF from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, August 04, 2006
BOOK RING: This ring is currently open. Members are as follows (if you wish to join, please PM me and I will add you!):
  • mikime (Rome, Italy)
  • bigcurlyloz, Swanage, Dorset, UK
  • juliako, Birmingham, UK
  • Amanida (Chertsey, Surrey, UK)

How it works:
  • If you wish to be added to the list, please PM me with your details.
  • We will kick off once we have 5 members.
  • You will be sending the book to the person who appears after you in the list, so you need to PM them to get their address!
  • It's not a race, but please read and send the book on as speedily as you can, other people are dying to read it too.
  • Please journal the book once you have received it (so we all know where it currently is) and again when you have read it (so we know what you thought of it!)
  • If you're the last person on the list (i.e. we run out of members) the book comes back to me until there are more interested parties...

Amazon Synopsis:
First, Gino Molinari was assassinated by a political Rival. Then he died of a heart attack. But now he is back, younger and more vigorous than ever, giving Earth new hope of survival in the war against the alien reegs. But is this really Molinari, or a robant masquerading as Earth's overlord? Whatever the truth, only he can save the Solar System - if he can stay alive long enough, or at least not stay dead for too long.

Journal Entry 2 by AliceF at Book Ring!, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, April 19, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (4/19/2009 UTC) at Book Ring!, By Post -- Controlled Releases

On its way (at last)!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmikimewing from Roma, Lazio Italy on Tuesday, May 12, 2009
This has just arrived today! I'm looking forward to reading it!Thanks AliceF!

Miki

Journal Entry 4 by wingmikimewing from Roma, Lazio Italy on Saturday, May 23, 2009
Wow, this novel was complicated with its time-warpings and paradoxes! Quite typical Philip K. Dick! ;) I love the things he could invent and make work, devices, machines, drugs, all arranged in entangled plots through which his characters have to find their way. Brilliant and fascinating! This one in particular mixes the idea of parallel universes and dimensions with time-travel through futuristic drugs, while planet earth is fighting a war on the (wrong?) side of an alien race against a different alien race. Who are the good ones and who are the evil ones, and how can bad choices turn into good ones so as to save the future of mankind??
Thanks AliceF for letting me read it. This is going very soon to bigcurlyloz! :)

Miki

EDIT: May 25th: the book has left for next reader! Enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 5 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 28, 2009
Arrived here safely today - thank you! Will try and start it soon.

Journal Entry 6 by lwpallett on Tuesday, June 16, 2009
nabbed this quickly before bigcurlyloz got to it, though she has managed to finish reading it just as I'm journalling.
Probably one of Dick's more surreal tales, and definitely somewhat bizarre. I found it difficult to follow at first, but got there eventually. I like the idea, and it is well written once you grasp his version of the future of language. Like all good sci-fi, you can believe it would happen some day

reserved for continuing in the ring via bigcurlyloz

Journal Entry 7 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 21, 2009
What a strange tale! As usual the ideas and vision of Dick are impressive - time travel, parallel universes and crazy addictive drugs this time - but towards the end I felt it lost its momentum and I found the end disappointing, although it's a reasonable enough conclusion.

Thank you again for organising this Alice. I've pm-ed juliako but had no response yet. Will try again now.

Journal Entry 8 by juliako from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, August 02, 2009
This has arrived safely - probably a few days/weeks ago - thank you - it looks interesting. I will read it when I return from holiday (as I am taking books I can leave behind) and pass it on.

This will be my first Philip K Dick!

Journal Entry 9 by juliako from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, August 31, 2009
I enjoyed this book - I was interested in how "up-to-date" it felt although written just over 40 years ago. While reading it, I felt I was following the plot but now that I've finished I'ver realised I wouldn't be able to recap it for anyone. There were lots of ideas in it so couldn't read it when got too tired. Thanks for sharing! I'll be sending this on to Amanida.