Outlander

by Diana Gabaldon | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Breeze144 of Ajax, Ontario Canada on 7/25/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Breeze144 from Ajax, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, July 25, 2006
This is the first book in the Outlander series. Be warned: if you read one you have to read them all!!! I have read all of the books in this series and I loooove them all! I saw this sitting all alone at a library sale and I had to pick it up! Hopefully I can find a loving home for it soon....

Journal Entry 2 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, September 10, 2006
Everyone raves about this book so Im going to give it a read and if I like it I will finish the series

Journal Entry 3 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 06, 2007
Passing this on to Hoserlauren tomorrow so that she can read it before me.

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, January 07, 2007
I've been told I have to read this book, and all the subsequent books that go along with them!
I'll hopefully get started on this one soon since I have most of the others waiting for me from Breeze!
Thanks :)

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 25, 2007
My mom has been reading this series since it came out. I didn't really know much about what it was about. Just that the books were huge, and there were a lot of them. During one of our Oakville meetups, Breeze was talking about the series and I thought it sounded interesting. The next meetup she brought her entire collection of the series for me lol So I started with the first one in the series, not quite sure what to expect. Except expect to be reading the book for a very long time since it's over 800 pages!
I was not disappointed at all. History, action, romance all rolled into a nice, tidy novel. There was a point where I was getting tired of having to read about the characters getting caught by the English and then trying to figure their way out of their mess. Obviously my favourite characters were Claire and Jamie. Those two have so much chemistry! I also really enjoyed Jenny and Ian so I hope that eventually Claire and Jamie can make their way back to those two and we can learn a bit more about them.
I know nothing about the history of that period so I had to refer myself to the internet to look up some terms and such. But at the end of the book I was thinking in my head in scottish accents because I was so used to reading in them lol
I'm looking forward to reading the next book, but need to give myself a little bit of time to recover from the 800 pages!

Journal Entry 6 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Sunday, March 11, 2007
Lauren handed this back to me today at the meetup and Im going to start reading it shortly.

Journal Entry 7 by chronicbooker3 at Panera Bread, Niagara Falls Blvd. in Amherst, New York USA on Friday, November 09, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (11/10/2007 UTC) at Panera Bread, Niagara Falls Blvd. in Amherst, New York USA

Releasing at the meetup today