Postage Stamp Crossing Zone!
10 journalers for this copy...
It contains various pretty stamps from around the world, and I'd love it if lots of collectors joined in!
The idea is that you journal the book, then take some stamps for your collection - then put in some duplicates. It's sort of a portable swapping zone, I suppose.
- Commemoratives only, since quality is important. It would be not-so-fun if people replaced rare or beautiful stamps with your standard 1st Class GB stamp!
- Avoid duplicates within the book itself to provide a greater range of stamps.
- When signing up, let me know in a PM where in the world you are and shipping preferences - and any themes or countries that you collect, so the first round can be relevent to you.
- Please only take as many as you are willing to replace. That's only fair.
- All stamps should be in very good to excellent (though not necessarily mint) condition.
- Feel free to pencil in themes and countries at the top of pages, if you feel so inclined.
- Surface mail and second class post are all fine, since I don't want people to get poor by taking part!
Once this one has done a round, I'll find out if people want to let it go round again! (That's why the added themed pages might come in useful.) I'll start us off with some stamps from myself and pikkuemppu, to whom I'm very grateful. :) A big thank you to Al3xa and her dad for giving me this album. Click here to hop to the next round.
- ktwalker, UK
- soffitta1, UK Skipped
- AmaniS, Germany Skipped
- VivYip, USA
- kazeldya, USA skipped
- Back to me, UK :)
* prefers to post to own country or area
21st September 2006
Posting this off today with the ScarfRing. :)
2nd July 2007
First round complete - see my other journal entry further down for details of the second round, and PM me to take part.
I´ve contacted AmaniS for the address.
Edit Feb 5th:
Still waiting for AmaniS´ address.
add some Iceland and US, maybe Japan.
Edit April 7: I have had this far too long and it's time to send it off
to VivYip. I added quite a few stamps. I removed some self-stick
stamps that had gum remaining and were sticking things together - here's
how to get these clean: add a little rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol to
warm water to soak them - this will remove the PVC gum much better than
I will probably be adding a bunch of HK and chinese stamps. Thanks again
4/22/07: There has been no reply to the PM I sent last week. I will retry the PM as well as send a PM to muzette(?) also.
4/27/07: I put in dups so people can just take them and not feel so guilty (like I do). In the end, I put in some india, china, hong kong, and usa stamps... I apologize in advance since I'm only a very amateur collector and my most recent stamps are probably from 1995.
05/07 I have started to add some stamps from North America, Europe and Eastern Europe as well as some from the African continent.
Anyone for another run? I'll repost it in the forums too. :)
2nd July 2007
- International, surface mail is fine.
- To take part, please PM me with your shipping preferences.
- Please try to pass it on within a month. If you can't, please journal to explain so we know the book is safe.
- I list my bookrings at The Bookring Directory!
- If a player is not responding to PMs, skip them and try the next person on the list. Say you have done so in the journal entry.
- The ring will remain open, and the list is subject to jiggling. Here's the list so far:
- DrSlump612, USA
- Vivyip, USA
- LeishaCamden, Norway
- sofiathereader, Greece
- hyphen8, USA (prefers to mail to the US only)
- bindibooks, USA <-- Book is STALLED here
- hakkalina, Hungary
26th August 2007
I plan to post this one on to Muzette on Tuesday. Good luck, little book!
28/11 sent the book to DrSlump612 by surface mail.
Still haven't added any stamps to this - somehow the stamps are all behind the
stacks of bookcrossing books on my desk! I will try to get it out to vivyip
Excuses, excuses (had the flu, had a gall bladder attack, went to the London
convention, had my gall bladder and appendix removed, all better now)
Added a few stamps, off to VivYip.
Wow, you weren't kidding when you said the pages were close to bursting! ^_^ I'm PMing the next person for her address. This will probably stay with me for a week.
I can't believe it's been 1 year since I've encountered this book. It's nice to see bulging pages in here. ^_^ Thanks for letting me participate.
update 6/20/08: mailed as of last week...on its way to norway
Thanks for letting me be part of this, lottiotta!!
I am in Egypt right now, midway through a two weeks' vacation - I will get the album moving asap when I get back home! I'm so sorry for forgetting, lottiotta. :-( I'll try to get some Egyptian stamps for the album, to make up for it ... ! :-)
I've taken out about 50 stamps and put the same number in. Some Norwegian ones, but also Swedish, German, Dutch, British, American, Chinese and Egyptian ;-) ones.
Pictures coming up ...
CONTROLLED RELEASE NOTES:
The album is in the mail on its way to sofiathereader in Greece.
Thanks for letting me participate, and again, sorry for being so slow. Have a great weekend!! :-)
Special thanks to sofiathereader for the music stamps on the envelope.
Edit: so far, some nice music stamps for mom and a couple of origami/paperfolding stamps for me (those are really hard to find). I'm having *fun*!
Thanks for letting me sign up for this ring - Mom & I both found some great stamps. She also added a bunch, so the book has gotten heavier. ;)
Will be mailed to bindibooks tomorrow.
This fascinating and individual bookring is now stalled with Bindibooks, who has had it for 10 months. Bindibooks managed to get on the list before her name was added to the BCers to look out for list that I maintain on the Bookring Directory site. If I had known, I wouldn't have put her on the list. :(
Bindibooks, if you are reading this and able to chime in, I'd really appreciate even a journal entry to know that this album is safe with you. If you are able to to send it on to the next participant, that would be even better! I hope everything is well with you.