Patron Saint of Liars: A Novel

by Ann Patchett | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by crissyreader of Yaak, Montana USA on 7/22/2006
Journal Entry 1 by crissyreader from Yaak, Montana USA on Saturday, July 22, 2006
Ann Patchett has become one of my favorite authors. I loved Bel Canto and The Magician's Assistant. Looking forward to this one.

Journal Entry 2 by crissyreader from Yaak, Montana USA on Wednesday, July 26, 2006
As the cover says, this book is a great first novel. I loved following the adventures of Rose and Son at the home for unwed mothers. However, I was not happy with the ending. Maybe that's part of Patchett's charm, the reader gets so involved with the characters that she has a stake in the outcome. It does have a nice circular feeling, but I wanted some escape for Sissy.

Journal Entry 3 by crissyreader from Yaak, Montana USA on Sunday, August 10, 2008
I found this book in my "reserved" file, but I don't have it anymore, so i'll assume it's traveling!

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Bloomington, Indiana USA on Thursday, February 14, 2019
Loved the book! I discovered it at a Goodwill in Bloomington Indiana. 2019. 13 years after it was registered here !

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Bloomington, Indiana USA on Sunday, January 5, 2020
Im enjoying the book.Really just starting it. But I really enjoyed finding a book crossing book. My dad did some book crossing years ago. He also is the "librarian" of Ho Tei's Always free little library and emporium in front of our house. So it was particularly fun and serendipitous for this book to turn up there. We will definitely release it into the wild when finished.

Journal Entry 6 by TheseBooksFly at Little Free Library in Bloomington, Indiana USA on Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (1/29/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library in Bloomington, Indiana USA

Actually didn't read this one- my daughter found it and Im releasing it back to little free library where she found it.