Stories by Canadian Women

by Rosemary Sullivan | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0195404688 Global Overview for this book
Registered by jokey of Harxheim, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on 7/21/2006
Journal Entry 1 by jokey from Harxheim, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Friday, July 21, 2006
A friend of mine gave it to me for releasing! Travel far, book!

Journal Entry 2 by maipenrai from Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Saturday, July 22, 2006
brought it back home from my first meet-up ever! :)

Journal Entry 3 by maipenrai from Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, November 15, 2006
i put it in quantaga's english book box!

Journal Entry 4 by Qantaqa from Dachau, Bayern Germany on Saturday, December 02, 2006

Journal Entry 5 by VariC from Berlin (irgendwo/somewhere), Berlin Germany on Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Picked this one up at the Helsinki meetup. I guess somebody, probably pooca, brought it from Germany without journaling.

Journal Entry 6 by VariC at Schöneberg, Berlin Germany on Saturday, June 05, 2010
Finally finished this. It is extremely difficult to say anything general about this book: the only connection between the stories is that they are all written by Canadian women. They span a century or so in time, and have not all been written in the same language.

Overall, I liked most of the stories. I preferred the earlier stories at the beginning of the book, but some of the later ones were still good reading. (Need to edit specifics when I again have the book in hand.)

Journal Entry 7 by VariC at Controlled Releases, Another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 20, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (6/20/2010 UTC) at Controlled Releases, Another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sent to the winner of the Thursday raffle.

Journal Entry 8 by Tarna at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Thank you, VariC! It's in my TBR but I'll mark it reserved.

Journal Entry 9 by Tarna at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, June 15, 2018
Started reading more than a year ago but then put the book down for some reason. Probably I had to do some more urgent first — and then I forgot these Stories. Now I’ve finished it. Unfortunately, I don’t remember how I felt about the first stories but I did like the rest of the book. There were quite a few authors I knew already and/or whose books I’ve got in my bookshelves. I found most interesting the authors I didn’t know beforehand. My favourite story was Unless the Eye Catch Fire . . . by P. K. Page, one of the new acquaintances I made.
Unlike VariC, I did find something common in the story themes. It is, of course, survival. Admittedly, I probably wouldn’t have seen it if I hadn’t read (over and over again during past decades) Survival: A Thematic Guide to Canadian Literature by Margaret Atwood.
Survival or not, I find this collection of stories truly intriguing. Thank you for sharing it!
The book is reserved.

Journal Entry 10 by Tarna at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, July 12, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (7/12/2018 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Congrats to the 2018 Canadian Literature Sweepstakes winner. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 11 by Olivia_Lo at Hualien, Hualien Taiwan on Tuesday, July 24, 2018
The book has arrived safe and sound. Thank you very much :)