Eleven Minutes

by Paulo Coelho | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by bigcurlyloz of Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on 7/20/2006
Journal Entry 1 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 20, 2006
"The new bestselling novel, now in paperback, from international literary phenomenon Paulo Coelho, author of The Alchemist. A chance meeting in Rio takes Maria to Geneva, where she dreams of finding fame and fortune, yet ends up working the streets as a prostitute. In Geneva, Maria drifts further and further away from love while at the same time developing a fascination with sex. Eventually, Maria's despairing view of love is put to the test when she meets a handsome young painter. In this odyssey of self-discovery, Maria has to choose between pursuing a path of darkness, 'sexual pleasure for its own sake', or risking everything to find her own 'inner light' and the possibility of sacred sex, sex in the context of love. A daring modern fable about the nature of love and sex." - amazon.co.uk

Journal Entry 2 by bigcurlyloz from Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 02, 2007
I bought this back when I first started bookcrossing and in my haste to acquire books to (read and) release I don''t think I ever read the back cover! So when I picked it out as one of the book registered by me that had been languishing on Mt TBR the longest, I thought it looked interesting. It was a book that sucked me in, beautifully written, but very thought-provoking and I loved the ending!!

Journal Entry 3 by bigcurlyloz at Fordham, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 12, 2012
This has been hanging around waiting to see if my other half wanted to read it, but I now have far too many books and it's time to clear some space. Setting to available.

Released 5 yrs ago (4/14/2013 UTC) at Book Exchange Phone Box in Hollington, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Left on the shelf with the other books in the phone box.

You've found a BookCrossing book! Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to make a journal entry letting the previous readers know what you thought of it. Then keep it or release it back into the wild.