You Know You Love Me: A Gossip Girl Novel

by Cecily von Ziegesar | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by vraciousrdr of Vista, California USA on 7/18/2006
Journal Entry 1 by vraciousrdr from Vista, California USA on Tuesday, July 18, 2006
too many books not enough time to read them all, sending this one on it's way.

Journal Entry 2 by vraciousrdr at Bookcrosser in Chicago, Illinois -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (7/19/2006 UTC) at Bookcrosser in Chicago, Illinois -- Controlled Releases

releasing to ILuvToRead2 when we meet for dinner

Journal Entry 3 by ILuvToRead2 from Chicago, Illinois USA on Friday, July 28, 2006
Received from vraciousrdr - Thank you. It was nice to meet you!

What a cute stamp you have in these books!

I was just reading an article about the gossip girl series in the Chicago Tribune. I guess a woman bought her teenage daughter the whole set because she wanted it and the mother thought it was a series for teens. Well the daughter started lending the books to her teenage friends and all the sudden the mother had several angry parents with her due to the content of the books. So the mom read one of the books to see why and she was shocked. She said she would never have bought them for her daughter if she knew.

Not sure if I'll read these, but I'll be sure to pass them along. (Although probably not to a teenager!)

Released 12 yrs ago (8/14/2006 UTC) at Travelling Through the US in Chick Lit Bookbox, ILuvToRead2 Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

I haven't read this one, but I decided my TBR pile was just too big. Let me know if you like it.

It's in the Chick Lit Bookbox that is travelling through the US. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, September 23, 2006
Caught from the chick lit bookbox. I've also read about these books & am curious to see what all the fuss is about.
TBR

Journal Entry 6 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Sunday, March 04, 2007
Image hosting by Photobucket I enjoyed this book. The characters, although unbelievably rich, are very human. I wasn't as stunned as I thought I'd be by this book, based upon the reviews I'd read (ie. that is it too adult for teenagers or would influence teenagers to do drugs or have sex, etc.). It may be too mature for a 12-year-old, but I don't think there is anything in this book that any 15 or 16-year-old doesn't already know about and have an opinion on. No character in the book did anything that I didn't see in high school. The story is intriguing, and, as I mentioned, the characters are human and memorable. I'm definitely going to search out the other books in the series.

Released 12 yrs ago (3/5/2007 UTC) at University of Louisville Ekstrom Library lobby in Louisville, Kentucky USA

Image hosting by Photobucket Will leave this book on the paperback exchange rack on March 5.