Stardust

by Neil Gaiman | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 7/18/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, July 18, 2006
From the Publisher
In the sleepy English countryside of decades past, there is a town that has stood on a jut of granite for six hundred years. And immediately to the east stands a high stone wall, for which the village is named. Here in the town of Wall, Tristran Thorn has lost his heart to the hauntingly beautiful Victoria Forester. One crisp October night, as they watch, a star falls from the sky, and Victoria promises to marry Tristran if he’ll retrieve that star and bring it back for her. It is this promise that sends Tristran through the only gap in the wall, across the meadow, and into the most unforgettable adventure of his life.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 03, 2012
Tristran Thorn is a young man who lives on a farm in the English countryside. He is besotted with Victoria Forester who promises to marry him if he brings her a falling star. Thorn's village, Wall has a gap where he can enter the world of his mother, a faerie.

Thorn goes on a quest to bring back the falling star. This starts the most amazing adventure involving faeries, pixies and gnomes, unicorns, witches and ships that sail in the nighttime sky.

This is a easy wonderful fantasy read.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 17, 2012
Reading now!

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 22, 2012
Tristran Thorn lives in the English village of Wall, which is separated from faery land by a guarded wall. Once every nine years, a market is held on the faery side, which is how Tristran was conceived. As a teenager, he falls in love with a beautiful young girl and promises to bring back a fallen star for her. Off Tristran travels to the other side of the wall to bring back the star.

Tristran meets plenty of odd characters in this new land and eventually finds his fallen star, who ends up being a young lady that has broken her leg in the fall. However there are many others after this heart as well. An old witch wants to cut out her heart for youth and brother princes want to capture the stone the star wears.

I hated the names used in this book. They were always one character off from a normal name and I went through the entire book calling Tristran "Tristan" because that's what I expected it to be.

The book itself is charming. There are some details skipped at the beginning of Tristran's journey that I would have liked to know more of but I think Gaiman was saving up for the return journey. The ending was a bit predictable but kept up with the charm factor.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, September 23, 2012
This book is back with me!

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, December 20, 2013
My mom, AceofHearts, passed away from breast cancer on September 17, 2013. Aside from being one of the best people I know, she was an avid reader and took immense pleasure in Bookcrossing, her book club, and reading many great books.

I will be releasing this in my mom's memory.

Journal Entry 7 by HoserLauren at PATH (Toronto's downtown walkway) in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, November 20, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (11/20/2015 UTC) at PATH (Toronto's downtown walkway) in Toronto, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use my mom, AceofHearts, as a referring member.