Pretty Boy

by Lauren Henderson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by eowyn-unquendor of Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 7/12/2006
Journal Entry 1 by eowyn-unquendor from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, July 12, 2006
From the publisher:

Every murderer’s worst nightmare, Sam Jones, is unleashed for her seventh outing.

The discovery of a dead body tied to the village Christmas tree on New Year’s Eve in the quiet village of Lesser Swinfold, is an unwelcome complication for Sam Jones, sculptor and involuntary sleuth, and her boyfriend, Hugo, who have come to celebrate with Sam’s best friend, Tom. Tom, who has taken a job there as a primary-school teacher in the hope of meeting plenty of available and sex-hungry single mothers, becomes the principal suspect.

Is it chick-lit or a mystery? Both I would say! This "Tart Noir" (girls-behaving-badly crime novels) is a very nice read, highly amusing (ooooh! Pretty Boy Alan!), but for me the book looses points for the total unnessary huge amount of alcohol and cocaine consumption. The ending of the book could be a bit better IMHO, but then, I'm not a mystery reader.

Released 12 yrs ago (7/15/2006 UTC) at mini meeting de populier in Nieuwerkerk aan den IJssel, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Journal Entry 3 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, July 15, 2006
Look, a Sam Jones book I haven't read before!

Journal Entry 4 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, February 28, 2007
And once again, I just had to love Sam Jones, sculptor, sleuth by accident, user of all kinds of stimulants (legal and illegal)... I agree with EU that the ending could have been a bit more substancial, but all in all it did work for me.

Journal Entry 5 by AnnevO at on Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (2/28/2007 UTC) at

I will put this book in the English Book Box #2, now on its way through the Netherlands.

Journal Entry 6 by mefeather from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, March 11, 2007
Picked it up from the English Bookbox #2.

Journal Entry 7 by mefeather at OBCZ-Schlemmer (gesloten) in Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, May 10, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (5/10/2008 UTC) at OBCZ-Schlemmer (gesloten) in Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Journal Entry 8 by serendipity- from Wateringen, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, May 10, 2008
Meegenomen van de meeting

Released 9 yrs ago (6/28/2009 UTC) at Strandpaviljoen Zoomers in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Sjonge! waar verhuizen al niet goed voor is... We kwamen er achter dat we toch wel heel wat boeken verzameld hadden en die mogen dus nu allemaal op reis de wijde wereld in!

Meegenomen naar de meeting in Castricum. Eens kijken of we er iemand blij mee kunnen maken!

Journal Entry 10 by LenaLena from Hoevelaken, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, June 28, 2009
Meegenomen van de meeting in Castricum.

Journal Entry 11 by LenaLena at Nijverheidsweg-Noord in Amersfoort, Utrecht Netherlands on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (8/25/2011 UTC) at Nijverheidsweg-Noord in Amersfoort, Utrecht Netherlands

Op een electriciteitskastje bij bushalte Heliumweg neergelegd.