Cirque Du Freak #2: The Vampire's Assistant: Book 2 in the Saga of Darren Shan

by Darren Shan | Teens |
Registered by SandDanz of New Albany, Indiana USA on 7/11/2006
Journal Entry 1 by SandDanz from New Albany, Indiana USA on Tuesday, July 11, 2006
tbr and then to wss4 & Cherie

Journal Entry 2 by wss4 from Branford, Florida USA on Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Books arrived today. Woohoo!! I can not wait to start this series. I just wish I did not have so many other books ahead of it. Might have to rearrange my reading queue.

Will send this on to cherie if she still needs it as soon as I finish.

Journal Entry 3 by wss4 from Branford, Florida USA on Wednesday, August 16, 2006
I have to say that I enjoyed this one even more than the first one. The books are quick to read and good enough that you don't want to put them down.

Darren is attempting to adjust to the life of vampire's assistant somewhat unsuccessfully. The ending made me get teary which is saying a lot. Starting on #3 right away!!

~~~

From the Publisher
Darren was just an ordinary schoolboy -- until his visit to the Cirque Du Freak. Now Darren joins the powerful vampire Mr. Crepsley. As he struggles with his new life as a vampire's assistant, Darren tries desperately to resist the one temptation that sickens him -- the one thing that can keep him alive.

Journal Entry 4 by wss4 at Media Mail in RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 21, 2006

Released 13 yrs ago (8/21/2006 UTC) at Media Mail in RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sending on to CheriePie!! Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 5 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Thursday, August 24, 2006
Books 2 and 3 of the Cirque du Freak series arrived today. Thanks to both of you for getting them to me! *sm000ches*

Journal Entry 6 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Friday, September 08, 2006
Loved it... just as much if not more so than the first one. I love how these books are quick and can be read in a single day, allowing me to squeeze them easily into my TBR queue. :)

In this book, Darren is fighting his urge to take human blood, which he needs to keep him alive, instead sustaining himself only off the blood of animals. He feels that by taking blood from humans, even a sip or two without killing or draining them, would truly make him evil. He's also dishearted because he can no longer have friends his own age... his attempt to play street hockey with some kids in one town cripples one of the boys when things get rough. So he and Mr. Crepsley rejoin the freak show, so that Darren can be with others of his kind without fear of keeping his true nature hidden. But can he resist his body's need for human blood? Or must he instead conquer his feelings that doing so is evil, in order to sustain his life....

Sent to a PaperBackSwap member on 14-Sep-2006 via Media Mail with Delivery Confirmation. (received 9/21/06)