The Five People You Meet in Heaven (Lost)

by Mitch Albom | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by dododumpling of St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 7/2/2006
Journal Entry 1 by dododumpling from St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 02, 2006
This was my Uncon NSS gift, along with a bar of delicious Lindt chocolate and a funky ergonomic pen, all from stoatonstilts. Funnily enough, stoatonstilts was one of the first people I met yesterday, and he watched me open my pressie. Once again, thank you very much - I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this.

Journal Entry 2 by stoatonstilts on Tuesday, July 04, 2006
There is something comforting about books that report on the future! Perhaps that's why I liked this book so much. Interesting and (finally) moving. What more can you ask. Hope you enjoy it Dododumpling)

Journal Entry 3 by dododumpling from St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 08, 2006
This was a lovely, heart-warming read. My only criticism would be that it was perhaps a little too saccharine in parts, but then again, it certainly got me thinking (and brought a tear to my eye at one point).

Once again, many thanks to stoatonstilts for this book. Maybe we'll meet again at next year's Uncon!

Journal Entry 4 by dododumpling from St. Neots, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 16, 2007
Sending on as a RABCK to commemorate my 3rd BC-erversary.

This book was posted to Portugal on 20 March. Happy travels, little book!

Journal Entry 5 by Crestfallen from Barreiro, Setúbal Portugal on Thursday, March 22, 2007
Dear dododumpling, once again congratulations on your 3rd BC Birthday!! It's great to be a bookcrosser... Thank you for sending me this book, I'm sure I will love it.

I loved the little handmade card you sent and also loved to know that you are a part of Blue Cross,for animal care. I help a similar organization here in my home town ... Keep up with the good work...

Love from Portugal

Journal Entry 6 by Maria-Nunes from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, July 19, 2007
got it right now, as a RABCK
thanks a lot, dear Susaninha ;-)
it's on my TBR pile...

Journal Entry 7 by Maria-Nunes from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, August 16, 2007
I really enjoyed reading this book and I'm now looking forward to reading Tuesdays with Morrie... as soon as I find one copy available :-)
Thanks a lot to those who have been sharing it, especially Crestfallen for her generosity.

Anunciado no forum para bookring, a ver se delicia mais bookcrossers :-)

It is the story of an old man who dies and goes to heaven. Five people are waiting for him there. Each, gives him a lesson. Each affects the other and the other affects the next...

Bookring list:

boirina (Portugal)
Moonwoolf (Portugal)
Isabelopes (Portugal)
...

Journal Entry 8 by terpsicore from Algés, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Friday, August 24, 2007
received today over a nice lunch :)

Journal Entry 9 by terpsicore from Algés, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Friday, August 31, 2007
Very nice read. I like the idea that we can influence the life of people we may not even know (I am a big fan of serendipity). And I confess I shed a tear in the end.
will mail to lisatam shortly.

Journal Entry 10 by terpsicore from Algés, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Monday, September 10, 2007
mailed today to lisatam

Journal Entry 11 by lisatam from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, September 13, 2007
It has arrived! Will try to read it soon. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 12 by lisatam from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Wednesday, September 26, 2007
I enjoyed reading this book very much. It is flying to Ligiafteixeira. Thanks all for sharing!

Journal Entry 13 by Ligiafteixeira from Mira, Coimbra Portugal on Monday, October 01, 2007
Arrived today! Thanks a lot for sharing this one! It was on my wishlist for a while :)

Journal Entry 14 by Ligiafteixeira from Mira, Coimbra Portugal on Monday, December 10, 2007
I just got one second hand copy of this book and I'll pass it on to the next reader asap :)
Thanks for sharing this one with me, eventhough I didn't get to read it ;-)

Journal Entry 15 by Ligiafteixeira from Mira, Coimbra Portugal on Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Midlifecrisis also got one second hand copy :D
Sending PM to themadjock
And themadjock already replied. The envelope is ready and I'll send the book tomorrow.

Journal Entry 16 by Ligiafteixeira from Mira, Coimbra Portugal on Thursday, December 20, 2007
On its way to themadjock :)

Journal Entry 17 by themadjock from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, December 27, 2007
Received today, thank you. Looking forward to reading this as it's been on my wish list for a while.

Journal Entry 18 by themadjock from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, December 29, 2007
I absolutely loved this little book and was delighted it lived up to my expectations. Thank you for sharing.

Sent 31/12 - sorry Cassiopeia22 it didn't take very long to read it!

Journal Entry 19 by Cassiopeia22 from Hamburg, Hamburg Germany on Monday, January 07, 2008
Just took this out of our old damaged mailbox, which again was a victim of brutal new years eve terrorists, but don´t worry, the book was ok.
I think I´m also going to read this in a short time. It´s great how many people already had this in their hands.

Thanks for sending it themadjock!

Journal Entry 20 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Go in and edit your post to remove the full BCID otherwise people can hack your journal or hijack it like I am doing. The link that youu should use, which will work and not give everyone the "secret" first 3 numbers is

Yours truly,
A friendly hijacker :)

Journal Entry 21 by Cassiopeia22 from Hamburg, Hamburg Germany on Monday, January 14, 2008
I liked this book and enjoyed reading it. I generally liked the author´s idea of heaven, but I didn´t like everything. For example how people are welcomed in heaven wasn´t very comforting to me. Anyway, a good book, I also got a bit teary eyed in the end. Thanks for the ring!

The book will travel on to borina, I just saw that I accidentally left out Moonwoolf, but for I already have borinas adress, I´ll tell her and send the book to her first. I hope that´s okay.

Journal Entry 22 by Maria-Nunes from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, January 14, 2008
thanks for the JE, Cassiopeia22. And no problem with the order of the listed names - I've already changed it :-)

Journal Entry 23 by boirina from Calvià, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Monday, February 04, 2008
The book got here safely today!

Journal Entry 24 by boirina from Calvià, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Thursday, March 20, 2008
Nice read. :)

Thanks for sharing it with us.

The book left for Moonwoolf yesterday.

Journal Entry 25 by Moonwoolf from Azambuja, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Looking forward to read this book. Just have two rings to finish read then start with this.

Thanks for sharing and sending. See ya.

17-04-2008= Finished today, like it very much. This is a pretty way of thinking that in heaven we are suposed to learn and still to teach. I'm happy to know that after die i'll still be able to help and for that reason i will enjoy much more being alive . :)

Thankkss

Journal Entry 26 by Moonwoolf at on Monday, May 05, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (5/5/2008 UTC) at

Happy little travel

Journal Entry 27 by Isabelopes from Cacém, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Received today - thank you Moonwoolf!!

This book sounds really interesting but I can not get to it right away as my TBR pile is huge! Can I keep it a little bit longer than the usual time Maria_Nunes???

Journal Entry 28 by Isabelopes from Cacém, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 29 by Isabelopes from Cacém, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 30 by Isabelopes from Cacém, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 31 by Maria-Nunes from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, August 04, 2008
ok, it has just arrived back to me :-)
Thank you all for your JE and sending it along...
Thank you so much "themadjockthe" for sending a beautiful picture along with the book! I'll keep it to myself :-)

Tomorrow it'll go on a long trip to India; I hope it will reach "prachitulshan" safely and I hope she will enjoy this little book, which she has won as a RABCK

hope this book keep on travelling...

Journal Entry 32 by prachitulshan from Kolkata, West Bengal India on Friday, August 22, 2008
Received as an RABCK. Thank you! Heard a lot abt this book, hope to take it down soon from Mt. Toobie.