Seawitch

by Alistair MacLean | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by winglytteltonwitchwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 7/1/2006
Journal Entry 1 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, July 01, 2006
Seawitch is the massive oil-rig which is the pride of Lord Worth,the billionaire owner.

Released 13 yrs ago (3/3/2007 UTC) at Orton Bradley Reserve in Banks Peninsula, Canterbury New Zealand

near the car park

Journal Entry 3 by Waveweaver from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, March 13, 2007
My very first bookcrossing book! How exciting. I was having a very long day and had just stepped off the bus on a sunny autumn day heading for the lantern festival in Victoria Square when I passed the book in the NZ Post shop doorway. The shop was closed, and I thought it odd a book would be there so I walked back to have a look... to my utter excitement it was one of those free books I'd heard about! Never read an Alistair MacLean, so I had to give it a go. Came down with a bug a few days ago so not feeling so well... what better time to read a book. A nice 70's style adventure - an easy, entertaining read. Inspired, I've signed up and raided my bookshelf.

Book sent from Lyttelton - one of my fav spots! Especially on a Saturday morning at the farmer's market, or reclining at a friend's place overlooking the harbour. An old haunt as I used to be a Coast Guard member out there every weekend. Anyway... Let's see where the book goes. I'm a librarian - as it happens - (and film student!) so I'll patch up Sea Witch with some book tape and send it on it's way. I think I'll send it as a surprise to a friend who will love the bookcrossing idea (he'll be hooked on the system as quickly as me), and leave my own book somewhere random... like Mt Potts where I'm heading for a wedding this weekend... :0) Happy reading and releasing!