Noise (Pocket Penguin)

by Hari Kunzru | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by STP-921375 on 6/30/2006
Journal Entry 1 by STP-921375 on Friday, June 30, 2006
Not my sort of thing. I just can't get on with short stories.

"This collection of stories focuses on technology, the dot-com phenomenon and the wired generation subjects which Kunzru knows from the inside out and which he explores in his highly acclaimed novel Transmission."

Released 13 yrs ago (7/1/2006 UTC) at Unconvention 2006 in Birmingham, West Midlands -- Controlled Releases

I will be releasing this at the Unconvention.

Journal Entry 3 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, July 02, 2006
Thanks again pennywhistler :)

Journal Entry 4 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 10, 2006
(6/10) Another new author (to me) from the very impressive Penguin 70’s anniversary series.

These short stories are difficult to summarise, other than to say that each is a perfectly plotted and paced, and introduce the reader to...ideas...alternative views of the world? I particularly liked the 2 that were least like SF, ‘Deus Ex Machina’ about Guardian Angels and ‘Memories of the Decadence’ which reminded me of a couple of the Borges stories in The Mirror of Ink, a potted history of the ebb and flow of history (a fictional history) with society driven by different obsessions and excesses.

I will definitely look out for Kunzru’s novels.

I have this as a swap so I will pass on; reserved to send as part of a package to a French BCer

Part of a package going to France

Journal Entry 6 by belsize from Sélestat, Alsace France on Thursday, October 19, 2006
Receive today by post in the nice package. Thank you Bookgroupman.

I really couldn't go into these short stories.

Journal Entry 7 by belsize at Bibliothèque Humaniste in Sélestat, Alsace France on Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (12/9/2009 UTC) at Bibliothèque Humaniste in Sélestat, Alsace France

Pres de l'escalier

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Sélestat, Alsace France on Thursday, October 18, 2012
Trouvé dans notre Bibliothèque...un comble