The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (Penguin Popular Classics)

by Anne Bronte | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0140620435 Global Overview for this book
Registered by BC-08080413432 of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 6/24/2006
Journal Entry 1 by BC-08080413432 from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, June 24, 2006
I'm taking this with me on holiday to New Zealand and won't want to carry it around when I've finished it, so I expect I will end up leaving it somewhere.

Journal Entry 2 by BC-08080413432 from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 11, 2006
First published in 1848, a novel in which a woman flees from a disastrous marriage with her child to a desolate moorland mansion. It portrays one woman's struggle for independence at a time when law and society defined a married woman as her husband's property.

I thought this was a powerful and affecting book but I wasn't sure about the way it was structured - I wasn't interested in Gilbert and would have preferred the whole book to have been from Helen's perspective.

I am going out this afternoon to leave it somewhere in Wanaka, probably a cafe.

Journal Entry 3 by BC-08080413432 at Somewhere in Wanaka in Wanaka, Otago New Zealand on Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (7/11/2006 UTC) at Somewhere in Wanaka in Wanaka, Otago New Zealand