Go Ask Alice

by Unknown | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by daidy of Kansas City, Missouri USA on 4/26/2003
Journal Entry 1 by daidy from Kansas City, Missouri USA on Saturday, April 26, 2003
I've read this before and had another copy that I've already released.

Journal Entry 2 by daidy from Kansas City, Missouri USA on Saturday, May 03, 2003
sending to kbgoffe

Journal Entry 3 by kbgoffe from Beaverton, Oregon USA on Monday, May 12, 2003
I was so happy to see the package from you in the mail today. My niece and I are looking forwad to reading this book. Thank you so much for trading! Going on my TBR pile.

*****July 1st--This book is being sent down to my nieces to read and enjoy! I will collect it at a later date.

Journal Entry 4 by shiznitchels from Lemoore, California USA on Tuesday, October 07, 2003
Scary. My mom read it too.

Journal Entry 5 by kbgoffe from Beaverton, Oregon USA on Friday, October 10, 2003
This is a powerful book. I know there is a lot of debate as to whether or not this really is from a true diary but I don't really think it matters. The message in the book is important.

Released on Friday, October 10, 2003 at Casseytara's YA/teen book box in Bookbox, postal release USA.

Off this book goes on a new adventure.

Journal Entry 7 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, October 23, 2003
The teen/young adult book box that Cassey and I started has come home! I read this a long time ago. Powerful. I hope Cassey will read it, then it will go in my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 8 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, October 13, 2005
I've had this book way to long, so I set it as available, and now it's on it's way to Gaeasoldier!

Journal Entry 9 by Gaeasoldier from Lakewood, Ohio USA on Saturday, October 22, 2005
Just got it today from Aramena. Hope to read soon but thanks to school my TBR pile is HUGE! Peace.

Journal Entry 10 by Gaeasoldier from Lakewood, Ohio USA on Friday, December 16, 2005
While I found the story in "Go Ask Alice" compeling, I felt the "message" was too heavy-handed. This books comes right out of the 70's and...to take a term "Alice" would use...comes right out of the Establishment. I am not saying that powerful drug narratives can scare people straight (think of both movie/book Requiem for a Dream), but that the people who choose to publish this diary could have done better in supporting their mysterious author. If this was someone's real diary then it is sad some establishment goombas turned this girl's only release into scare tactics. I don't think they altered the source material, but (without revealing any plot details) could have done a better job of explaining why they are compeled to publish this. In the final editorial note they (the editors) tell us that it doesn't matter who Alice was, but that all our kids are full-blown drug zombies!
I do not regret reading this and I am happy it was my first RABCK (thanks again aramena), but I just can't help feel fishy knowing that this wasn't published because someone wanted us to empathize with Alice, but because someone wanted scold us.

Disclaimer: I know my opinion varies from what others have said and what the publishers of this book wanted. I know that my name is gaeasoldier and you might think "this guy is a hippie." But I must, sheepishly, admit that (Yes, I know how incredibly lame this is) have never done any illegal narcotics. Now...I go wallow in my tower of uncoolness. Peace.

Journal Entry 11 by Gaeasoldier at Jefferson Square in Westlake, Ohio USA on Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Released 13 yrs ago (12/21/2005 UTC) at Jefferson Square in Westlake, Ohio USA

Left it on a table near the bulletin board at the Jefferson Square Mitchell's. My first release outside of NY! Peace!