Undead and Unemployed (Berkley Sensation)

by MaryJanice Davidson | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0425197484 Global Overview for this book
Registered by shaunesay of Olathe, Kansas USA on 6/19/2006
Journal Entry 1 by shaunesay from Olathe, Kansas USA on Monday, June 19, 2006
Queen Elizabeth I, aka Betsy Taylor, is adjusting to life after death as a vampire, but she still needs a job. To satisfy her lust for sexy shoes, she lands one in Macy's, but one night she is attacked by zit-remedy-scented slayers who are targeting female vampires. While trying to find out who is behind the plot, she befriends an adolescent gang called the Blade Warriors and the kindly priest who leads them. Betsy's unwanted consort, sexy Eric Sinclair, king of the vampires, doesn't know how to deal with a vampire queen who sneezes at holy water and wears a cross around her neck, and a charming subplot involving a mysterious five-year-old girl in saddle shoes adds poignancy to this wickedly clever and amusing romp. Davidson's witty dialogue, fast pacing, smart plotting, laugh-out-loud humor, and sexy relationships make this a joy to read. And Betsy's second adventure, following her debut in Undead and Unwed

Journal Entry 2 by shaunesay from Olathe, Kansas USA on Saturday, July 08, 2006
Going to Morsecode from the Romance VBB round 1! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by morsecode from Woonsocket, Rhode Island USA on Saturday, July 15, 2006
Arrived safe and sound in Buffalo, NY today.
TBR after I receive the Undead and Unwed bookring.

Journal Entry 4 by morsecode from Woonsocket, Rhode Island USA on Saturday, August 26, 2006
I received the Undead and Unwed ring this week. I wanted an easy read for Friday evening and I had just received a request for this book so I decided to give it a quick read-through.

More of the same from Davidson. Again, I don't have terribly strong feelings about the book, but I did enjoy the character of Marie.

I'm mailing this to celticstar today.

Journal Entry 5 by celticstar from Denbighshire, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, August 31, 2006
Wow I can't believe how fast this arrived, thank you so much for sending out to the UK

Journal Entry 6 by celticstar from Denbighshire, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Another fun easy read in the Undead series.
I liked Marie too.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Monday, December 04, 2006

Journal Entry 8 by OddballDave from Telford , Shropshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 04, 2006
A very quick read, some character development, I am so sympathetic towards Sinclair. But then I have no empathy with shoes so I find Betsy and her fascination a little hard to understand. And I have no idea why the previous entry was credited to anonymous even though I was logged in.

Journal Entry 9 by celticstar from Denbighshire, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Ha!

It's funny you should say you are sympathetic towards Sink Lair because the more I read of this series the more I empathise with Betsy!

Of course you don't understand the shoe thing... you are male

Why women love shoes...

Shoes Don't Make Us Look Fat
No matter how big or small we get, we can Always go shoe shopping