Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

by fannie flagg | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by grover3d on 1/18/2003
Journal Entry 1 by grover3d on Saturday, January 18, 2003
An old comfortable favorite....and better than the movie. Headed out in a bookbox.

Journal Entry 2 by Dani75 from -- irgendwo in Baden-Württemberg, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, August 13, 2003
Got this book in the mail today. I claimed it in the PayItForward Game and grover3d was kind enough to send it to me. So I´d like to say: Thank you grover3d!!! I´m looking forward to reading the book soon!

Journal Entry 3 by Dani75 from -- irgendwo in Baden-Württemberg, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, October 14, 2003
Fantastic book! Once I´ve started I couldn´t stop reading and finished it in only 2 nights.
It is much better than the movie, although while reading I pictured the characters from the movie - so this was even funnier and I just sat in my armchair sniggering and laughing all the way through.

Released on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 at fellow bookcrosser in Postal Release, Baden-Württemberg Germany.

Offered as relay, accepted by bookmaniac70. Off to Bulgaria today by mail! Enjoy.

Journal Entry 5 by bookmaniac70 from София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Saturday, November 8, 2003
Received today from dani75 from relay. Thank you, dani75, I have some books to read and this comes next!

Journal Entry 6 by bookmaniac70 from София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Saturday, November 15, 2003
Promised to purple-pixie after I am finished with it.

Journal Entry 7 by bookmaniac70 from София / Sofia, Sofiya Bulgaria on Saturday, November 22, 2003
I finished it today. It is a page-turning book.The narrative has beautifully mixed stories and lives of families, all of them connected with that famous Whistle Stop Caffee- a place of joy, good humour, generosity and love. It has the power of making people`s lives better, even through many years, as it happens with Evelyn Couch.I liked that style of mixing past and present, jumping through years, going back to Whistle Stop Caffee, then coming again to the Nursery home. I was especially charmed by Idgie and her friendship with Ruth.I liked very much the way Idgie dealt with things, her straitghforwardness and sincerity. I liked the simple wisdom in Ninny`s words.She is so good to Evelyn, and helps her a lot to go through a difficult part of her life.

In one word,the book is very good. I enjoyed it so much, and I am glad it is going to find a new home so quickly. I`m mailing it next week to purple-pixie who wants to read it.

Journal Entry 8 by purple-pixie from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 4, 2003
I received this book yesterday and am very eager to read it.

Journal Entry 9 by purple-pixie from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 14, 2004
I loved this book, I have never seen the movie, so I came to the book with no preconceptions. A real feel-good story.

Journal Entry 10 by purple-pixie from Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 1, 2004
On its way to Sunisunny.

Journal Entry 11 by sunisunny from Strasbourg, Alsace France on Sunday, June 27, 2004
Got back from holidays a few days ago... This one arrived in the pile of new books while I was away. Will get down to it as soon as I can.
Thank you!