Hide and Seek

by Clare Sambrook | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1841956953 Global Overview for this book
Registered by notingnothing of Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom on 6/18/2006
Journal Entry 1 by notingnothing from Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, June 18, 2006
"Harry Pickles tells how it really was the year he was nine and his little brother disappeared... Startingly real, achingly sad, unexpectedly funny, Hide & Seek tells the fresh and gripping story of a family whose world is shattered by loss."

This is well done. Similar to The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, the author has managed to write about painful & emotional topic in a child's voice. To me, this made it all the more heart-wrenching. Sad, yes, but also funny and heart-warming.

Journal Entry 2 by notingnothing from Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, June 18, 2006
Am trying a book ray with this one (i.e. I don't want it back.) PM me if you're interested :)

Participants (so far!)

IoJima (France, anywhere)
Calalilly (UK, UK)
Candy-is-dandy (UK, anywhere)
AliceF (UK, ??)

Last person on the list decides what they want to do with it next.

Journal Entry 3 by notingnothing from Sidcup, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, June 26, 2006
Off to IoJima this week...

Journal Entry 4 by Iojima from Nyons, Rhône-Alpes France on Monday, July 10, 2006
Received today. No. 2 on Mt. Toobie.

Journal Entry 5 by Iojima from Nyons, Rhône-Alpes France on Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Amending journal entry, although I still don't know quite how I feel about it. Very well written, but for me it lacked the emotional impact I think it should have had. Perhaps because it may be a children's book? Perhaps because, at my age, nothing came as a surprise? Harry's voice, though, had the ring of truth. It was a good, but not great, read.

Journal Entry 6 by calalilly from Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 07, 2006
Received in the post today, I have a few large rings to read ahead of this. Wanted to pick it up and read it straight away but that's a bit unfair for the people waiting for other rings that I've got. I am on holiday doing quite a bit of reading so perhaps won't be too long before I can get to this.

Journal Entry 7 by calalilly from Waterlooville, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 08, 2006
I found this very disappointing, for me it wasn't a book that once I started reading it I couldn't put down. We can't all enjoy the same books though.
Sending it off to Candy-is-Dandy

Journal Entry 8 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Received from calalilly today! Thanks.

Journal Entry 9 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, November 22, 2007
I have been very bad and held onto this ring for much too long. Though I would like to read it some time I have had to admit to myself that its high time I moved it on again. Sorry notingnothing, and all previous readers, for delaying this ring. It is now off to AliceF.

Released 12 yrs ago (11/22/2007 UTC) at Grahamstown in A bookcrosser , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Journal Entry 11 by AliceF from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Gratefully received by post yesterday from candy-is-dandy: thanks!

Journal Entry 12 by AliceF at Rotherham Dental Practice in Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, January 01, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (10/17/2008 UTC) at Rotherham Dental Practice in Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom

Left in the waiting room just before my last appointment. (I hadn't read this book first, because I had since received a hardback copy to keep; notingnothing approved its wild release.)