A Cold-Blooded Business (Kate Shugak Mystery)

by Dana Stabenow | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by pammykn of Decatur, Alabama USA on 9/3/2006
Journal Entry 1 by pammykn from Decatur, Alabama USA on Sunday, September 03, 2006
"An oil company's rig north of the Arctic Circle is doing a brisk trade -- in illicit drugs. Hired to break a deadly cycle of drug-induced accidents, Kate goes undercover to find a cocaine connection along the TransAlaska Pipeline. But these dealers know when they're being snowed -- & they leave Kate to fight for survival against the harshest enemy of all: the great outdoors..."

Journal Entry 2 by pammykn from Decatur, Alabama USA on Tuesday, March 13, 2007
to friends of the library

Journal Entry 3 by kz4ufo from Panama City Beach, Florida USA on Monday, November 26, 2007
GOODNESS! I was so sure I made a journal entry after receiving this one in the mail! EEK! Forgive me... it must be old age! ;)

I finished reading this (as well as 4 other Stabenow's this week) and it really is a good Alaska mystery series. I like the hard-edge Kate character. Reminds me of a woman I met while staying in Anchorage a few years back. Who knows, maybe she was the model for the Kate character! ;)

Thank you so much for sending this to me!!! :)

Sent via RABCK.COM & Cliff's Wish List to morgail as a surprise! Hope it makes your holiday! :) kz4ufo

Journal Entry 5 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Monday, December 10, 2007
Arrived in my mailbox today:) What a nice surprise! Thanks kz4ufo - I'm looking forward to reading these books.

Journal Entry 6 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Wednesday, August 06, 2008
I just noticed this book has 2 BCID numbers. The other number ends with 5573500. I made a note in that number's journal that I'm going to cross out that number in the book, and keep this one. This number seems to have the most journal entries, and I don't want to confuse whoever might find this book next.

I enjoyed this book. I read "Play with Fire" and loved it, so I was looking forward to reading more of these Kate Shugak books. I read this one while sitting on the beach in 90-degree temps. It felt cool to read about the Arctic;)

I'll release this soon.

Journal Entry 7 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, August 09, 2008
Releasing on my vacation.

Released 10 yrs ago (8/7/2008 UTC) at Kangaroo gas station - Market St. @ Edwards St. in Wilmington, North Carolina USA

Left this book on the top of pump 6 at the Kangaroo gas station at Market St. & Edwards St.

I was planning to leave it at the Wilmington Ice House after I skated the morning sessions & completely forgot to do that! Would have been a nice, themed release too.