Queen of Swords

by Judith Tarr | Women's Fiction |
Registered by JenLuvsBooks of Roseville, California USA on 10/10/2006
Journal Entry 1 by JenLuvsBooks from Roseville, California USA on Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

This book took a long time for me to read. I've promised it to Lauraloo29, so off in the mail it goes.

Journal Entry 2 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, October 20, 2006
Arrived safe and sound today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 3 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Monday, October 05, 2009
I'm planning on sending this out as a bookray.

Rules: Not many. Please journal the book's arrival and departure. And please keep it moving by keeping it no longer than 4 weeks. The last person is free to release the book as they wish.

1. imawinn2 - US (Intl)
2. nediamnori87 - UK (UK)

Beginning its journey on October 31st. Happy travels!

Journal Entry 4 by imawinn2 from Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Thursday, November 12, 2009
Queen of Swords has arrived in Wisconsin. Thank you lauraloo29 for sharing your book. I'm very anxious to get started on this historical fiction. :-)

Journal Entry 5 by imawinn2 from Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, December 27, 2009
I finished up the book today while keeping myself warm by the fireplace. It was sheer heaven. What a fantastic story! I am so glad that I signed up for this bookray. I loved this story that revolved around Melisende who was Queen of Jerusalem during the Crusades. This story is not so much about the battles of the Crusades but about the characters that Tarr developed to tell this tale. I thought she did a wonderful job bringing all of them to life, describing their interrelationships, the power struggles that come with controlling a kingdom and the conflict of heart vs duty. I also liked the fact that the heroes, in the story, had to keep their wits about them while dealing with the heroines, who were strong minded and determined.

Now, I will send this off to nediamnori87. I already have their address so I should have it mailed off this week.

Journal Entry 6 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (1/5/2010 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

Send this off to Scotland. Where the next participant is waiting for its arrival. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Arrived this morning will get to it asap. Thank you for sending it to me.

Journal Entry 8 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, February 01, 2010
I've only ever read one book set around a knight in the crusades and that was by one of my favourite authors Elizabeth Chadwick. As such I was unsure what to expect of the book. However I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and it is very cleverly written to be set with a fictional family interacting in important key events and people at the time without being focussed on one family member in particular. I very much enjoyed the descriptions of the places and the clothing and fabrics and the stark contrasts between eastern and western civilisations of the time with respect to bathing habits and clothing. It has also given me some fantastic ideas for foods to use at our next renactment feasts!

Thank you for organising the ring and introducing me to a new author whose books I hope to read more of.

Journal Entry 9 by nediamnori87 at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 12, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/12/2010 UTC) at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom

To the finder:

Congratulations and welcome to BookCrossing!
Thank you so much for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it is entirely free). If you choose to join, I would love if you could indicate nediamnori87 referred you on your my profile page. The community here is so much fun and everyone is really friendly it would be fantastic if you wanted to join. You can even continue to track the book once it's left your hands to see how far it has travelled!

Happy Reading