The Bookcrossers Story

by Various Bookcrossers | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by ktwalker of Aston, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 6/13/2006
Journal Entry 1 by ktwalker from Aston, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 13, 2006
I have an A5 hardcover notebook, in this notebook I am going to write the begining of a story, what happens next is up to you. Each person in this ring will read the story so far then add as much, or as little as they want (within reason so that the notebook lasts the whole journey!). When the last person finishes the story (and hopefully the notebook!)it will be returned to me so I can read it, once I have read it I will offer it up as a ring so that you can find out what happened when it left your hands!

The Rules

1. Please Journal the book when you get it and again when you pass it on, this will allow me to keep track of it.

2. Try to keep the book for no longer than 4 weeks, if you need longer PM me and let me know, if the book arrives at a time when you really think you will not have the time Pm me and I can put you lower down the list or remove you completely (whichever you want)

3. Please try to write 5 pages but also feel free to write up to 15.(I only managed 4 but in my defence it is easier to carry on a story than start from scratch (well I think it it anyway!))

4. The Shipping order is at the bottom of this entry please PM the person below you for their address when you are ready to send it on.

5. Have fun!

Participants

Me- Oxfordshire, UK
Twicky- Middlesex, UK
Inkling1- Basel, Switzerland
butterfly-noir- Lisboa, Portugal Skipped
APSC- Loule, Portugal No replies to pms new version sent out by inkling1 many thanks
ElHurricane- Ovar, Portugal
LauMaia- Porto, Portugal Book is here
Bibliocrates- Alabama, USA
elizardbreath- Oregon, USA

then back to me!!

Journal Entry 2 by ktwalker from Aston, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 16, 2006
I enjoyed starting this story and can't wait to read the finished product. Sent on it's way to twicky today.

Journal Entry 3 by Twicky from Twickenham, Middlesex United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Just to reassure everyone the book is safe and sound in my study. I will be doing my part in the next few days and then sending it on.

Journal Entry 4 by inkling1 from Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Sunday, October 08, 2006
received the book; will start to read the first parts this evening
Many thanks for sending it

Journal Entry 5 by inkling1 from Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Wednesday, November 01, 2006
I've added my part, and PM'd Butterfly-noir; if there won't be a response within one week, I'll contact the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 6 by inkling1 from Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Monday, November 06, 2006
since I haven't received any reply from the black butterfly yet, I've PM'd APSC.
"Faith" embarked for Portugal (to APSC) today, 7th November.

Journal Entry 7 by APSC on Thursday, November 09, 2006
Just received the book, safe and sound!! Will start reading ASAP and think about what i'll write in it! Thanks inkling1 for sending it to me and ktwalker for starting the ring!

Journal Entry 8 by inkling1 from Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Thursday, May 10, 2007
due to the fact that the first edition of "The bookcrosser's story" has to be considered as lost, I prepared a second edition (containing a brief summary of KTWALKERS and TWICKY's contributions, and my ¨(extended) prints from my saved part). "ElHurricane" confirmed that he/she ist still interested, but hasn't told me a shipping address yet.

Journal Entry 9 by inkling1 from Basel, Basel-Stadt Switzerland on Tuesday, June 05, 2007
at last, the second edition is on its way to ElHurricane in Portugal; good luck, Faith !!!

Journal Entry 10 by ElHurricane on Monday, June 11, 2007
It just arrived today!
I will try to add my part of the story ASAP
Thanks inkling1

Journal Entry 11 by ElHurricane on Monday, July 30, 2007
Just to tell that the book is not lost. I'm going through a period with no much time to read or write.
I'll put it on its way again ASAP.
I'm sorry...

Journal Entry 12 by ElHurricane on Wednesday, September 05, 2007
I've finnally made my part.
Faith will go on its way to LauMaia this week.
Thanks for your pacience.

Journal Entry 13 by ElHurricane on Monday, September 10, 2007
Faith continued her journey last friday.

Journal Entry 14 by LauMaia on Thursday, September 13, 2007
Received by snail mail today :) Thanks!!

Journal Entry 15 by LauMaia on Wednesday, March 19, 2008
I sent pm to the next person today. The book is ready to go

Journal Entry 16 by Bibliocrates from Fort Collins, Colorado USA on Wednesday, May 14, 2008
This book arrived in the mail over the weekend and is now safe with me here in Trinity, Alabama. Thank you for passing it along to me LauMaia, will see what I can come up with...

Journal Entry 17 by Bibliocrates from Fort Collins, Colorado USA on Sunday, August 17, 2008
You know, when I first got this book, I thought - what a shame that the First Edition went missing, as I would like to have read this story from the beginning, unabridged. So, what did I do? I set this revised 2nd Edition aside shortly after it arrived and completely forgot about it. I am terribly sorry!

I will pass this on to elizardbreath as soon as I have an address, sending a PM now...

Journal Entry 18 by Bibliocrates from Fort Collins, Colorado USA on Monday, August 18, 2008
I have finally made my short contribution to The Bookcrossers Story: A Fragment. Although I didn't move the plot along very much, I did add a little twist. Faith's fate will soon be in elizardbreath's hands, as I will be passing this book on to her this afternoon.

Thank you for allowing me to participate ktwalker! I hope you will enjoy reading the story upon its return.

Journal Entry 19 by Bibliocrates at Pilot Rock, Oregon USA on Monday, August 18, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (8/18/2008 UTC) at Pilot Rock, Oregon USA

This book is on its way to elizardbreath. I hope you enjoy it :)

Journal Entry 20 by wingelizardbreathwing from Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Tuesday, September 02, 2008
I received this today with one question: are you planning on sending this back around? There are still a lot of pages left to fill so should I conclude the story...or should I write a little and leave it for the next go round to be added to?

Released 10 yrs ago (11/3/2008 UTC) at Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

Sending home to ktwalker today.

Journal Entry 22 by ktwalker from Aston, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 10, 2008
recieved a while ago but have been to busy to journal. as the story has not ended and there are so many pages still to fill in the notebook i thought i would offer it up for another round. as it has been so long i will go clean slate rather than make any assumptions so if you want to take part again please pm me.